14. Chaos Chaos Everywhere

SLAP!!

"Speak normally I say!" the man growled, "Speak like the other kids your age!"

The small kid only sobbed and hiccuped more. His tears never stopped, his eyes kept pleading his father to stop but the heartless man did not. All he wanted was a disciplined kid. If he only knew that stuttering wasn't a disciplinary issue.

"Hm-h-h-dad..." before the kid could complete, another tight slap shut him up, kid held his slapped cheek instantly.

"Normally I said!" another tight slap.

The kid now cried louder and was beaten worse than before, and from the doorway, was his twin, watching everything with horror. It seemed like he could feel each slap, each blow on his skin.

"h-h-h..." the kid struggled and tugged at his arm that was in the strong clutch of his father. The man pulled the sobbing and crying kid and dragged him down the hallway.

"Dad, please..." his twin finally voiced his plead but went quiet when his dad glared at him. Soon he felt a gentle touch on his shoulder, he turned to see his mother crouching down next to him.

"Mom, please ask dad to stop it. Please, mom," the kid sobbed, hoping his mother would save his twin.

With a sad smile on her face, the woman only hugged the kid closer, trying to soothe the traumatised kid, the kid she considered her son.

The man was infuriated. His son was not even able to introduce himself at the dinner table due to his stuttering and it was humiliating. He threw the kid in the chicken coop and shut the door.

The twin kept crying in his mother's embrace while other twin's scream from the wooden coop were ignored.

Present time

He kept shivering gently, tears raced down his cheeks but he was still trying to maintain his composure. He was beyond scared but he did not allow himself to show it. Hugging his knees closer, he remained bolted to the ground, too petrified to move even an inch.

His body slightly writhed at intervals by the impact of low growls from the beastly creatures towering him.

Yunlan watched, his posture pompous as he sat on the single-seater sofa like a king, right in front of a muted Shen Wei who was surrounded by the dogs

He enjoyed the sight, a smirk on his face, "So, Shen Wei, how do you like your new friends?"

Wei's jaws tensed in response as his gaze remained lowered. He could feel his heart throbbing within his chest. All the while the dogs towering him kept growling and snarling at him as if they would attack anytime.

"Maybe I should give you some time alone with them, Shen Wei?"

His words scared Wei. He finally looked at the face, pleading with teary eyes, "mh-h-h-Yunlan, please..."