18. Realisations

The golden first rays of sunshine poured through the windows, brightening the world of two people sleeping in each other's embrace. The melodious chirping of birds filled the airs. He breathed in the crisp and clear morning breeze drifting in through the window, a sweet smile graced his thin rosy lips. Sleepily, he beamed wider to be on a bed and not on the floor like usual. The warmth of another body enveloping him from behind felt nice for a change. He snuggled deeper into the embrace, enjoying the affection this person oozed. The arms wrapped protectively around his waist made him smile again.

Suddenly his smile vanished, his eyes flung open.

.

Warmth?

.

Another person?

.

Arm around his waist?

.

Arm around his waist?

.

Arm around his waist!

.

ARM AROUND HIS WAIST!!

.

Shen Wei quickly placed his hand over his mouth when he thought a scream was about to escape his lips. He slowly tried peeking over his shoulder to see who it was but his vision was blurry, his eyebrows raised in scare.

He breathed hard, where was his inhaler when he needed it the most?! He mentally screamed. And where were his glasses? What even happened? Who did he end up sleeping with? The last thing he remembered was being at Guo's place. Was it Guo sleeping with him? Was it Chu? Was it even Guo's place anymore? Shen Wei was panicking.

He internally cried a little, his lips were now in a pout as he very gently grabbed the finger of this unidentified hand, his idiotic attempt at removing the hand but it was successful. He slowly slid off the bed, trying his best not to make any sound.

THUD!!

Shen Wei was on the floor and Yunlan woke up with a jolt, instantly groaning in pain.

Shen Wei quickly slid back to see the foggy figure sitting upright on the bed. He did not know who it was, he just knew he could not see a damn thing. Suddenly he could feel something in his hand. A stick, he quickly grabbed it and held on to it with all his might. He swore to break the head of whoever it was if he even thought of harming him.

Yunlan was still delirious as he winced. His entire body, every inch of it was aching and burning. But he jumped and instantly panicked when saw Shen Wei standing with the walking stick in his hand.

"No, Shen Wei, No. Please," Yunlan started pleading while he quickly slid back.

"Yunlan?" Wei squinted, his eyes small, "mh-h-hi-is it, you, Yunlan?"

Yunlan gulped, he nodded. His face showed how scared he was of Shen Wei after last night.

Wei sighed in relief to know it wasn't a stranger at least but his eyes again swelled.

"Why... why were we on the same mh-h-h-bed?" Wei asked, panic still eating him up while his blind eyes wandered around.

Yunlan's eyebrows knitted together, he was confused. Shen Wei was stuttering again. Then the realisation hit him, Shen Wei was drunk and probably did not have any memory of last night but he was not too sure of the deduction.

"You... you don't remember anything?" Yunlan was still scared and why wouldn't he. Shen Wei was still Shen Wei who beat the shit out of him just hours ago and he held the very same weapon.