27. A Lot Like Love and Love

"I helped you with dishes." Yunlan sobbed.

"I also helped you clean the apartment." Yunlan wept.

"I also give you ride every day to and from school." Yunlan sniffled.

"I... I bought you a scooter too..." Yunlan kept weeping, sniffling, sobbing while sitting on the floor with his back against the leg of the bed, his fearful eyes helplessly stuck at the dangerously drunk Shen Wei who sat right across him, his legs crossed. He looked back at him as if he would pounce on him anytime now, his drooping gaze dark and icily murderous.

 He looked back at him as if he would pounce on him anytime now, his drooping gaze dark and icily murderous

"I was nice to..." Yunlan started but was cut off.

SLAP!!

Zhao Yunlan's lips were sealed in a thin line, his eyes widened in disbelief, his palm instantly covered his slapped cheek.

"This... this is domestic abuse, Shen Wei," Yunlan squeaked but was shut up with another tight slap on another cheek.

Yunlan was muted after that. He sat with both his palms over his cheeks while he now waited for more assault with tightly squeezed eyes. His plan not only failed but backfired. Shen Wei's subconscious mind still hated him.

"How the tables have turned, Zhao Yunlan." Shen Wei's voice was dark but then he drunkenly giggled.

Yunlan looked up, slightly confused.

"Remember how you... you tried to kill me?" Shen Wei slurred, his voice was sinisterly dark, his eyes droopy, a sleepy smirk on his lips.

Yunlan's eyes widened in panic, "What... what are you thinking, Shen Wei?" he shrunk back in horror, "You cannot... you cannot kill me?"

Getting killed was, certainly, not part of his plan. Yunlan gulped, his eyes widened when Shen Wei raised his hand to hit him again. All he wanted was to nudge at Shen Wei's hidden dark past, but it seemed, it was going to be him with severe trauma after tonight, only if he is not killed by him.

"Shen Wei, please, no," Yunlan screamed with his arms over his face in defence, "I will not do it. I will try harder. Please, Shen Wei!"

Shen Wei's hand paused mid-air.

"No, dad. No, please, I will not do it again. Please, dad, no!" the kid pleaded but he was shown no mercy, instead was hit harder on the face.

Shen Wei fell on his back. His eyes stuck on Yunlan who reminded him of his childhood. Shen Wei could feel his limbs go powerless. He sat, his bloodshot eyes on Yunlan. In that very moment, Shen Wei felt broken, tired, and defeated.

The cowering and whimpering Yunlan all of a sudden transformed into a small kid. Shen Wei gasped; tears left his eye. It was him; it was Shen Wei himself.

"I'm sorry, Shen Wei. I'm sorry," Yunlan mumbled, his hands still over his head, scared of the oncoming physical assault.

"Dad, please, dad. I'm sorry, Dad!" The kid cried louder now.