26. Desperations and Drunken Shenanigans

Some are desperate for love, some are desperate in love, Ye Zun was both.

Ye Zun had started cooking, he started keeping the apartment clean, he did Lee's laundry, he cooked Lee's favourite, he did everything that he thought would keep Lee happy and by his side because he could feel the void between him and Lee deepening and he was not at all ready for it. He was desperate to keep Lee and in the process, he was losing himself.

Although they moved in together, Lee had started spending less and less time at the apartment. There were nights when Ye Zun found himself alone on the bed that felt bigger and colder without Lee. But Lee always made it up to him with a steamy makeout session the very next morning on his arrival, exactly the way Ye Zun preferred.

At first, Ye Zun accepted Lee's unspoken apologies and hot peace offerings but even that lost its charm when Lee was missing for days without any explanation.

Lee vanishing was not the only woe of Shen Ye Zun. Every other day Ye Zun found lipstick marks on Lee's clothes, scratches on his back, hickies on his neck, but he never confronted him, never demanded an explanation.

Not because he was afraid of Lee but because he was not ready for the reality. Ye Zun found living a life in denial comfortable, a life based on a bunch of lies. He did not want the truth to break them apart.

But how long do delusions last.

Ye Zun was doing Lee's dirty laundry when he again found a lipstick mark on his hoodie, and it was the hoodie that Lee had stolen from him. A dreadful sensation rose in his gut, his hands paused, his eyes got stuck on the smudged lip mark on the hoodie in his hands that shivered for a brief moment.

A small drop of tear left his eye but after that more drops followed. His lips trembled and then parted slightly, he gasped for air. Little by little, he broke, more tears flowed down his cheek.

Shen Ye Zun let himself break. He pressed the hoodie to his face and cried into it. He was aching, he was hurting inside out. He muffled his sobs, his entire frame shivered as he collapsed on the floor and let it all out, all the pain, all his sorrows.

 He muffled his sobs, his entire frame shivered as he collapsed on the floor and let it all out, all the pain, all his sorrows

And as they say, Karma never loses an address. It has been knocking at Ye Zun's door ever since he made Shen Wei switch places with him. Shen Ye Zun, the epitome of perfection, the fierce brat of the Shen clan was reduced down to tears and unfathomable sorrows that he brought upon himself... but there was more to come.

* * * * * * * *

It was a lot awkward.

The awkwardest.

All three sat across each other around the coffee table with Guo and Chu continuously glaring at Yunlan while the latter just awkwardly smiled back. He knew whatever he did to Shen Wei, earned him the rightful hatred from both and he had accepted it. On the contrary, he was happy that Shen Wei had someone who cared for him genuinely.