25. Love and Dark Pasts

Zhao Yunlan woke up a lot tired. And what was to be expected after a night of tossing and turning on the bed with Lin Jing's word playing in his head like a broken record. He did not know what his friend was trying to imply.

He sat right up at his spot, looking like a shagged dog with his hair all over the place. He rubbed the remaining sleep from his eyes but even that did not help. Now only one thing could help him feel a little alive, Shen Wei's tea.

Yunlan got out of his room and went straight to Shen Wei's room, his steps lazy, his face sleep doused. He needed the tea. Right now, he needed it more than anything. He was ready to drag Shen Wei out of his bed for it.

But he stopped on the doorway, his eyes creased in confusion.

Shen Wei was fresh out of the shower, his hair still dripped, and he was on the floor, crawling like a dog on all fours. It took Yunlan a few seconds to realise that Shen Wei was tapping the floor as if looking for something.

Yunlan was about to call him but then his steps paused, he could feel nostalgia washing over him. Shen Wei was not wearing his glasses. And for the first time, Yunlan could see Shen Wei in Shen Wei without the glasses unlike earlier when all he could see was Ye Zun in him.

And Shen Wei was beautiful. And yes, he liked this person very much, Zhao Yunlan admitted to himself.

His wet strands stuck on his forehead, his eyes were brown... a lighter shade of brown, shining in the daylight, like pools of honey, and his skin, it looked so smooth, Yunlan suddenly wanted to touch him. He raised his hand, his fingers just inches away from his cheek.

A faint gasp left Yunlan's lips to realise that Shen Wei was more than just beautiful. Yunlan could feel his breath getting stuck in his throat when Shen Wei blinked his eyes, his lips trembled as he struggled to speak.

"Mh-h-h-Yunlan?"

Shen Wei's voice brought him out of his trance. He looked around in nervousness. And he was surprised to find himself on the floor, right in front of Shen Wei.

"mh-h-h-is that you, mh-h-h-Yunlan?"

"umm, yeah. What... what are you doing?" Yunlan somehow managed to gather his thoughts.

"Mh-h-h-I lost my glasses. Must be mh-h-h-here somewhere," Shen Wei helplessly tapped the floor.

"Let me... let me help you," Yunlan got up and ran a gaze across the room.

"Ah..." Yunlan smiled to see Shen Wei's glasses on his bookshelf.

"Mh-h-h-You found them?" Shen Wei smiled with hopes in his temporary blind eyes.

Yunlan looked at the glasses in his hand, and then at Shen Wei.  Then a mischievous smile graced his lips that he knew Shen Wei could not see.

"No." he declared with a smirk on his lips, "Why don't you keep looking right where you are... on the floor and I look here?"