16. Hey, Husband

About the last chapter

It was posted accidentally. By the time I could remove it, people had read it. I wanted to unpublish it but I then I saw readers happy with the chapter, so I let it be. It had a lot of mistakes that I will fix. Nothing major, just language and prompts.

There were certain mistakes that I made in the past two chapters that I would like to apologise for. Shen Wei was suddenly not stuttering. To clarify it a bit, it was a writing mistake done on my part, I forgot to add stuttering there. *grins nervously*

I would try and not make such mistakes again. But yes, Shen Wei's stuttering here is a psychological condition and not exactly a speech problem. He stutters more when he is scared, panicked, conscious about surroundings but not when he is angry or in a relaxed state of mind.

Let's get on with the story now, shall we?!

P.S. From this chapter onwards, Shen Wei's life is about change forever.

* * * * * * * *

And with some newfound courage, Wei kneed Yunlan in groin making him collapse on his knees. His eyes swelled. This move of his, both, shocked and scared him. It was something he only read in the books. Never did he think it would work in real life.

 Never did he think it would work in real life

Shen Wei was still in shock. He breathed hard, his watery eyes helplessly looked down at Yunlan who was on the ground with his hands on his hurt groin. Wei was now all the more scared.

"You..." Yunlan furiously strained, "I will... ow, I will kill you, Shen Wei!" Yunlan yelled, making Shen Wei jump.

He knew, staying back was not an option anymore. This time Yunlan would not spare him. With this in his mind, he stepped back. His shivering hands fumbled with the lock as he remained watchful of Yunlan. After a little struggle, he somehow managed to open the lock.

Yunlan was still groaning in pain when he saw Wei escaping. He wanted to yell and run after him, but the pain was too much. He somehow managed to get into sitting position, breathing deeply to subside the pain.

"I will... I will get you, Wei." He bit on his lower lip, trying to bear with the pain.

And Shen Wei, he was stumbling and running on the streets while it rained heavily. He was running and constantly looking over his shoulder as if Yunlan was following him. His bruised face was washed in terror, his shirt was missing buttons while he wore only one shoe. Passers-by watched him like he was an escaped mental home patient, but Shen Wei did not care. He just wanted to get away from Yunlan as far as possible.

He constantly wiped the rainwater off his face with his hands while he ran. The broken glasses obscured the view but that did not slow his pace. He did not know where he was going, he did not care if all the eyes were on him, he was too traumatised to care about anything.