𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐎𝐧𝐞|𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞

the article

Alfred and i had moved to his room as the girls left

Alfred and i had moved to his room as the girls left. we had been laughing with each other for hours. he showed me my room which was attached to his own with a small door, it was nothing special but it was nice of him to offer it up to me. his kind soul had never faded throughout the night, he was just the epitome of a pure heart.

"it seems that i may have to see you more often, stranger," i said as we sat on his floor with books, paints, papers, and pencils around us. "your portrait is wonderful m'lady," he said taking my hand and planting a kiss upon my it. i blushed at an instant.
we had created a competition earlier in the night, the terms were whoever could paint the best portrait of the other would win, and i must tell you that it was fun. "you could be a painter Alf," i said admiring the work in front of me, "i think any art could be beautiful with you as the subject," he whispered.
"it baffles me that we only met properly yesterday,"
i placed my hand under my chin watching him as i spoke. "it feels like i have known you for one thousand life times," his voice was soft, his eyes watched me calmly. "i feel so comfortable with you," i hummed,
i was meant to only say it in my mind yet it slipped out. "i feel comfortable with you too," he replied.
he yawned slowly, i looked at him with a smile,
"tired love?" i asked, he nodded with a chuckle.
"let's head off to bed," i said whispered, standing up. he took my hand and planted a kiss on it again, "goodnight m'lady," he spoke with a toothy smile. "goodnight Alf," i smiled walking through the door. wow.
that's all i could think.

___________

it had been a couple of hours since we had both gone to bed, me in an undershirt of his. i couldn't get myself to sleep. i could hear the boys soft breaths through the door and knew he was sound asleep.
i knew sitting in this room would not do anything to allow me to sleep, i got up slowly and quietly snook through his bedroom door to the hall. i heard loud snores from the room across from his, which was Louise's, and hums from the one next to that.

i took soft steps down the large hall way to avoid waking anyone up and made my way to the room with all the cushions from earlier. i sat down and looked out of the large window. "i thought it was you,"
i heard from behind. the sudden voice caused me to jump, "Laurie?" i whispered, he chuckled lowly.
"what are you doing?" he asked, "planning my next witch hunt," my voice was fully of annoyance while referring to what he said earlier.
"sorry for blowing at you," his voice was sincere but i just laughed, "it's okay, i understand you like her, it's what we do for love. what we did for love. i guess," i tried to laugh to hide my hurt but it just sounded broken. "love?" he chuckled, "oh Blair i do not think that i'm incapable of loving another," he continued. my heart fell to my stomach again.
"i am sure you are very much capable of love Theo, you seem to find it in every face you meet, no matter the type of love, friendship, relationship, family, and even strangers. you're so full of love," i smiled at him, he just blushed.
"how could you ever be so kind after my behaviour to you recently?" he said with wide eyes, "i know i'm capable of love," i said before getting up and walking back to the bed i was saying in. my heart beating so fast and hurting so much.