𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧|𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

facing the truth

i dreamt of him almost every night

i dreamt of him almost every night. i imagined us meeting again by chance while i travelled the streets of Italy. i was in search of something, someone, to fulfil my loneliness, however deep down i knew that i wouldn't find that in the streets of Italy, only in those of Concord.
he wrote me, once, due to my constant change in location over the past year it was hard to keep contact with just anyone. i wanted to contact him, i really did, but i couldn't bring myself to distract him from his life. id already left.

i had made my way to the city of Crema. it was full of beautiful sights and i spent many hours sat by the small lake admiring the views around me. my mother and father had bought a home here when they were young and planned to live here however knew they belonged back in England, therefore they gifted this home to me as my own. i had been living here for a month, and honestly it was one of the best months of my life. yet i couldn't even compare it to the months i spent with my dear Teddy.

once day as i sat in the garden of my home admiring the trees blossomed with succulent fruits i heard a knock on the door. i ran through the home my barefoot feet hitting the tiles. "mail and a parcel for you Madame," the young boy said handing me my post, "thank you Sir," i smiled taking it from him. i returned back to the garden and scanned through the letters. two of which stood out.

i opened the first and my smile was more than prominent. "my girls," i said. i continued down the letter and my smile continued to grow.

'We are glad to hear that you are well and living life stress free, I could only dream. Jo and I are renovating the cottage and can no longer stay in the home due to the reconstruction. As it has been a long year since we departed from the sweet lands of Concord, I have decided it would be more than great for us to all reunite. Despite our differences and difficulties at the end of our time together I am glad that you have forgiven us, our group would never be the same without you.

Manon, Nikki, and I plan on meeting in Paris, of course on the condition that you also join us. Enzo and Jo will be in attendance however I ensure you that our attention will be fully on the girls, as it should be. If you have suddenly got yourself a lover in which we are unknown to you may invite the mystery man too, however I have the feeling you are still hung up over someone else, I have seen your work.

Our place of meeting is La Procope Café, Paris, France at approximately 10:00 am, on September 12th 1863.
I can not wait to see you, if you decide to attend, which I hope you do.
Till me meet again,
yours sincerely,
Tessa Nightingale'

i placed the letter upon the table and sighed. i had been waiting for this for a long time. i was to be reunited with my friends, my family, my girls.
i looked at the date on my calendar to see when i should start my travel, it would take approximately a week of travel.
it was now September 4th, i had just eight days, this meant it was tomorrow. i'd finally see what i'd been missing so much.
only eight days.