𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫|𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐔𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

Teddy's face fell as he met my eyes once again

Louise. it was all Louise.

i felt my heart begin to quicken, i could not take the impending stares that watched my every movement. i shook my head at Teddy before promptly exiting.

i followed the large doors into the gardens of the manor. the cool of the night stung my delicate skin.
my breath was rushed and caused pain to my chest.
the impending sound of footsteps followed me.
i needed to be alone.

"just stop! Blair just stop and look at me!" i heard the shout of an all to familiar voice.

i continued losing myself in the large gardens. as i slipped past an overgrown rose bush, my right cheek was skimmed by a thorn. i felt the ruby liquid begin to fall in a bead down my face.

i was to distracted by the slight sting to realise that the footsteps were far to close for my enjoyment.
i found myself at a dead end. a large bush blocking me from venturing any further into the gardens.

"Blair, please just look at me," his voice was as smooth as aged honey. i took a shallow inhale.
"Teddy, i really do not think i can talk right now,"
i whispered.

his hand touched my shoulder so softly, as if i was the most delicate of antique china.
"please," he whispered.

i slowly turned to look at him.
his deep green eyes followed my movements as if i was the north star and he was desperately trying to navigate himself to safety.

"it was Louise," he hummed. his hand still placed on my shoulder. i nodded. his eyes suddenly widened,
"your cheek Blair," he frowned.

he wet his shirt sleeve light, the dabbing it on my face. i recoiled slightly. he shook his head.
"i feel like i have truly lost you, every time i get a step closer to having you, the world seems to bring us planets apart over and over again," he whispered as he cleared my skin of the crimson substance.

"Teddy, i am too tired of becoming your second choice," i choked out.

"i want to be wanted for once. you have always been my first choice Teddy. when will i be yours?"

he began to open his mouth to reply but i only shook my head. "don't you remember what you said to me when i was leaving your home?" he shook his head.

"all you do is stop me from moving on, stop me from getting on with my life, i am sick of it," i felt a tear slip down my cheek as i quoted his words.

"you said you have felt like that for years Teddy!"
i spoke with venom. he widened his eyes.

"go. move on. you act as if you even cared to begin with! i was never the one you chose Teddy, i was a convenience. it was Julia, it was Louise, who next? please let me know so i can prepare myself to be one whom you call for in the night when they are not there! to be second to them as i always am!"