𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞|𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

always

i woke up an aching headache

i woke up an aching headache. Teddy was laid beside me on the sofa fast asleep with tear stained eyes. the others were spotted around the room fast asleep. it couldn't be real. i ran to our room and saw he wasn't there. soon i heart footsteps follow me.
"it really happened didnt it?" Teddy said with sad eyes. i nodded with a frown.
"it really happened," i said sitting on his side of the bed. i looked at the still glass of water on his bedside chest of drawers and smiled. "he never drank the full glass of water, he'd always get a new one before finishing the last," i said with a small smile. Teddy sat beside me with the same small smile that i had. "he did the same with a note pad, always started a new one instead of finishing," Teddy said with a smile. i nodded remembering all the great memories of him.

"what did he make you promise?" i asked. Teddy smiled, "to look after you," he said. i nodded. even in death he was still protecting me. "i really miss him Teddy," i said looking to my hands. "me too Blair," he sighed. "me too," Nikki said walking in holding her arms close to her chest. "me too," Tessa sat, "same," Manon said.
we all said upon my bed. "he wouldn't want this," Tessa said, "he would want us to be having fun, making memories, remembering the good times, the last thing he would want us to do is be here sobbing," she continued. she was right.
he wouldn't want this.
"shall we make some of his pancakes?" i asked, the all nodded. "he made the best pancakes," i smiled. i went to his book of baking and found the page. he loved to make treats. they brought joy, he loved joy.

it had been almost an hour and now our spirits were rising. "you have batter on your nose," Nikki laughed looking at Teddy. "you have four on yours," he said with a chuckle, "no i don't," she smiled wiping her nose to see nothing there.
"well now you do," he said throwing flour at the girl with a loud laugh. we all burst into giggles. this is the first time i had felt any ounce of happiness in the last few hours. "i love you all," i smiled.
"we love you too Blair," Teddy smiled.

we made the pancakes successfully and began to eat. "he really did make magic with these," Tessa said. "they are truly art," Manon smiled. "how about we go to the meadow? fresh air could do us no harm," Nikki smiled. we all nodded. maybe it was for the best to try forget, for now at least.

we sat upon the long grass. i laid back and looked to the bright sky. i watched as the clouds passed over my head. the world amazed me. how could such beauty also contain such cruelness. "he'd be proud," Teddy said laying back with me.
"you are strong Blair," he added with a small smile. "thank you Teddy, thank you for you help recently, i couldn't have wished for a better friend," i said to the boy. "i hope i can try to make you as happy as i can, i won't stop till my sweet Blair is back at 100%," he said taking my hand into his softly. it wasn't with intent of flirting. it was to show trust. he had my back, as i had his. not that Charles was gone i was more alone than ever, but Teddy wouldn't let that happen. he promised.

"he will always be with us," Nikki said. "he will always hold a place within each and everyone of us," Tessa smiled.
"he was one of a kind, he was our angel," Manon smiled. "he will always be our angel," i said. "always," Teddy added.

as the day moved on i returned to my home with Teddy. the girls all returned to their own homes. "i don't know if i can do it, i don't know if i can say here, it hurts Teddy," i said finally breaking down my walls. "you always have a home with me and my grandfather Blair, we haven't changed a thing in your room since you left," he said with a smile.

after a short walk we entered.
"it can't be, is that my girl?" Mr Laurence smiled rushing to me with open arms. he held me tightly. "Blair is going to stay in her room for a while," Teddy said.
"this will always be a home for you Blair," Mr Laurence smiled pulling away from the hug. i walked into the large room and memories flooded back. the nights spent here with Teddy, the days with my girls, when life wasn't filled with sorrow.
"it's strange don't you think?" Teddy said from the door frame. "being back here, almost like we have ran back in time, before anything had ever happened," he smiled. "Teddy, can you sit with me for a while?" i asked. i was scared to be alone. scared of what thoughts may come.
"i would love to," he said sitting beside me.

we sat on my bed reminiscing old memories. it was like nothing and everything had happened all at the same time. my heart hurt yet i could feel it warming again. he would be happy now. he hated sadness. i looked to the picture frame next to my bed. "i remember this like it was yesterday," i said looking at a picture of the day we did the baking competition. "you kissed me," i said with a smile. "that was the day i realised i would never stop loving you," he said looking to his thumbs. "never," he added.