𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞|𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫

the river

"who are we meeting again?" Manon said while she skipped along the grass

"the Marches," Teddy said.
it was the girls second day here i was more than excited to introduce them to the Marches. "there's Jo," i smiled seeing the girl sat outside writing frantically. i saw Tessa'a eyes widen.
"Jo, these are my friends, Nikki, Tessa and Manon," i smiled. Jo stood and shook each of their hands, Tessa was quiet for once which came as a surprise to us all.
"nice to meet you all," she smiled.
"you too Jo," Nikki said.

"you'd think this was a youth club," Marmee said as she entered the room with a plate of cookies. Manon and Beth had been talking about some musician for the past 30 minuets while the rest of us played some board games.
"there is no way you didn't cheat," Nikki said to Laurie making Amy laugh,
"i'm just too good at everything," he said sarcastically making me giggle.
"i mean, i'm not sure about that," Jo said pushing his side. "i have to agree with Jo," i chuckled. Tessa stood and coughed for our attention, "by the vote of the people,
Theodore Laurence is therefore disqualified for cheating," she said in a loud voice. we all cheered her as she bowed. Teddy rolled his eyes playfully.

"wait, so you're telling me than you guys aren't obsessed with tea?" Meg said in shock. "i can in fact tell you that we are not," Manon said as my friends and i nodded. "that's crazy," Amy said in astonishment. "what are you writing?" No said to Tessa, "just some ideas," she replied closing her book. Jo shrugged not wanting to intrude any further.

"how about we go to the river?" Teddy said, the Marches jumped up and left us in confusion. "come on guys," Meg said pulling Nikki up. "i guess i'm going to a lake then," she said as she walked along side Meg. "these Americans are quite strange aren't they," Tessa laughed, Manon nodded eagerly, "i couldn't agree more," she said. "you get used to it," i said as Teddy ushered me towards him.

"i like them," he said as we walked, my friends joking around with the Marches closely ahead of us.
"me too," i said with a smile full of love as i watched my best friends spend time with the new people in my life.
"this is so beautiful," Manon said waving her hands through the wildflowers. she said a small butterfly perched upon the tree and took it into her hands. she held it on her finger intriguing Amy,
"may i draw you?" she asked with a smile,
"i would love that," Manon smiled back.

"now Laurie, we have some talking to do," Jo said as she sat down.
"do we?" he chuckled. "we do," i said as i joined her. "it's true," Tessa said joining, "yep," Nikki added, "i agree you whatever we are doing," Manon shouted from afar while she held still for Amy's drawing.
"Theodore," Jo said, he tilted his head to the side. "i think it's time we teach you a lesson," i said standing. "go, go, go," Tessa shouted as Nikki, Jo and i lifted Teddy from the ground and threw him into the river. "you will regret this," he shouted to me in a laugh. "cold in there?" Nikki said i'm a laugh, "okay i feel bad now," i said.
"well i guess it's your turn too," Tessa laughed before pushing me over the edge into the freezing water.

i landed a little too close to Teddy for my liking with him catching me in the water.
he had a girlfriend. i shouldn't be feeling this. "you know what? i fancy a swim," Nikki said before she jumped in.
Tessa shrugged, Jo grabbed her hand and pulled him in with us.
as they came up from the water you could see how Nikki thought it was hilarious that in the act of jumping in the water Manon was splashed. "you guys will
be the death of me," Tessa shivered.
"we do try," i laughed.

we got back to the Laurence house hold and were given towels to dry up.
"i like it here," Tessa said, "me too" Manon smiled. "it's okay i guess," Nikki said shoving my side.
"i'm so happy you guys came," i smiled at them. "here we go again with the emotions, Laurie you've turned her soft," Nikki said, "we might just have to get you for that," Tessa joked raising a fist to Teddy in a joking way.
"i know a method that can work quite well, it involves a bat and a very deep hole," Manon laughed.
"you guys are just my type of friends," Jo laughed.

"thank you for bringing them here," i smiled to Teddy as him and i stood on the balcony. everyone had gone home and we were ready for bed. "anything to see that smile," he said as he leaned on the balcony admiring the stars.
"how are you and Julia doing?" i smiled.
"okay i guess, i don't know, it's complicated," he sighed.
"i don't know if she's the one for me you know. i can't help but feel there's someone else, some one who's meant for me, but it would never happen. Julia is perfect, in every way, apart from the fact that she's not perfect for me," he said turning to me. "well- i'm not an expert in this type of thing, but if you're unhappy, why not do something?" i said shrugging.
"i can't," he sighed.

he smiled at me one last time and turned around, "goodnight princesse," he said making me blush. "goodnight Teddy," i whispered.