𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐓𝐰𝐨|𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐭

talking to Mr Laurence was painful

it made my heart wrench. i cried. he cried.
Laurie stood banging on the locked door, we tried to ignore him, we just tried to embrace ourselves in each other's company. we had been apart before, yet this time the reasoning was different, and Mr Laurence blamed himself. he was too sweet, too kind, and had just to big of a heart for this world.
i composed myself, "just one more night," Mr Laurence whispered. i shook my head.
"i don't think i can," i choked out. he smiled weakly.
"please, you may hate him now, but just one more night. just talk to him, listen to him," he hummed.
i heard him outside still, "just let me in," he pleaded.
"just listen to him," Mr Laurence whispered before getting up, opening the door for Laurie and then leaving without another word.

Laurie didn't come straight in. he just stood in the door frame watching me. he stood so tall, he looked
so tired. "it wasn't me," he shook his head.
i rolled my eyes. "oh of course it wasn't! you are acting as if you have not been horrible to me lately! you head was half up Louise's arse and now you think i'll believe you, get over yourself," i scoffed.
he looked angry. his eyes filled with fury.
he began striding towards me. we were only inches apart. he lowered his head to look at me.
"get over myself? you're the one obsessed with my friendship with Louise! you can't get over me!
go, i don't care, just don't come back!" he spat.
"don't worry Theodore, i would do anything not to see you again," i replied. i was lying. of course i was.
i couldn't let him win. his words hurt me.
i wanted hurt him.

"oh give up Blair!" Laurie screamed as i stormed past him. "ill give up when you stop being such a child!"
i shouted back without looking at him.
"the only child here is you! you are so selfish Blair!" he followed me out of the room belting his words at me. "Theodore are you just going to continue this or leave me alone like i am praying for?" i came to a halt. i turned and look at him, he was red in the face, hair disheveled, and completely burnt out.
i was glad. "i don't want to see you again Blair,"
he whispered. "ever. all you do is stop me from moving on, stop me from getting on with my life,
i am sick of it," he whispered. i widened my eyes.
"how long have you thought this?" i asked.
he laughed at little. "years." i took a deep breath.
"and you thought to tell me now?" i smiled sadly.
he nodded. "i guess that is it then, i will leave and hopefully we won't run into each other anymore,"
i nodded trying to keep my straight necked composure. he nodded. "good." his voice was so lifeless. my heart just hurt. it hurt so much.
first he betrayed me and exposed me to the press, and now i found that he never really wanted me to even be around.

i turned around and just walked away. walked back to my room. when i entered the girls looked at me.
i pressed my back to the door. i felt my breath
get heavier and heavier.
my chest began to feel like it was crushing itself.
they just stared at me. their eyes conveying so much compassion. Tessa stood, "Blair?" she whispered.
i shook my head. this was when it finally happened.
i was so hurt. floods of tears began to stream from my eyes. my back slid down the door, i sat on the floor and pulled my knee to my chest and hugged them.
"did you hear him?" i sobbed. they shook their heads.
"he's never wanted me to be around, he hates me,"
i continued. they all gasped. "lies! he is lying to you!"
Manon stood up and began to move to me.
"he just wants to hurt you! he is lying!" Nikki shouted.
"he is nothing but a silly little boy!" Tessa shook her head angrily. "can we leave? please?" i sobbed.
they all nodded. "we packed, Tessa has a spare bedroom on her parents land, you can have it,
we will all stay with you until you are back on your feet," Manon said helping me up. i shook my head.
"i have money, money means nothing to me, it won't make me happy. my parents shipped me off with thousands, they didn't really care," i rolled my eyes.
i was so angry i was over sharing.

"let's just get you out of here, it will be for the best,"
Nikki smiled taking my hand. the staff knocked on the door. i allowed them in to take my things to the carriage Mr Laurence had sorted for me.
i walked down the large centre staircase, just before that i had walked past his room. i had the urge to just shout at him one more time. i didn't.
i was respecting what he had said.
he didn't want to see me ever again, and i knew that i would respect that. the girls and i stopped at the porch area of the house taking in what had just happened. "Blair!" i heard shouts. i looked around in confusion. "Blair! it's me!" i heard again. i looked to the girls who were all smiling.
"over there," Tessa whispered pointing to her right.
"Alfred," i whispered to myself.
"Alfred!" i shouted back to him waving my arm up high. he was running in my direction with a smile waving a big bouquet of flowers.
he got to the bottom of the porch stairs.
"where are you leaving to?" he asked, heaving for breath. i smiled. "i am going to live on the Nightingale's estate for a while," i replied down to him. he nodded, he paused for a second,
before shaking his head and walking up the stairs.
"i saw these! i thought you'd like them," he hummed passing me the bouquet. "they remind me of Crema," he added. i smiled, they were beautiful.
"you are so kind," i shook my head in shock.
he smiled, "what can i say?" he chuckled.

"i will let you get off," he then spoke.
"how about you come over tonight? we could have tea?" Tessa joined. "i would love that," Alfred smiled.
"it would be a great to have you as a guest, how about 4 o'clock?" she suggested. "yes, yes. perfect. i will see you then girls!" he looked so happy.
"i'll see you off and then be on my way," he spoke taking my hand. i felt butterflies surge through my stomach. i looked back at the girls who were all smiling at each other and winking to me.
he helped me up into the carriage.
then taking the girls hands, one by one, helping them into the carriage. "i can't wait to see you all again," Alfred hummed. i smiled back to him.
"me too," i replied. just as the carriage began to set off i looked up instinctively. my eyes went straight to his window. he was watching. i hadn't known for how long. yet he was there. of course he was.