𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐓𝐰𝐨|𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝

our sweet childhood

i woke up in shock. i thought it was all a dream. that was until i saw poor Charles breaking out in flooding sweats next to me. i rushed to get a damp towel and placed it upon his forehead. he looked at me with a sorrow full face.
"i'm sorry Blair," he said quietly, i shook my head. "do not be sorry, there is nothing to be sorry for," i said claiming back into our bed and holding him close.
"i saw how he looked at you yesterday Blair, he really loves you," he said, i tilted my head in confusion. "Laurie, he loves you Blair, more than i think i could ever even try," he said with pain. i shook my head. "oh Charles, don't be so silly," i said holding his hand but he shook his head. "it's true. i want you to know, if i don't make it-" i cut him off before he could continue. "don't say that, you will make it, i know you will," i said with tears forming in my eyes. "but if i don't, i want him to make sure you're okay, that you're safe, that you aren't alone," he said with a cough. i looked at the poor man with deep sorrow. how could the world be so cruel. no 22 year old man deserves to die so young, let alone this one, he deserved the world and more.

the day went on with my caring for him and making sure he was comfortable. the Marches and the girls came to see us with an abundance of gifts. "oh Charles," Manon said rushing to his bed side and taking his hand in hers. "it can't be true," Tessa said looking at him in shock. "it can't be," Nikki added stood beside Tessa.
we had grown up with this boy, he had been like a brother to us all, he was one of us. we loved him more than we loved ourselves. he was our family. he was my boy. it broke our hearts to see him so weak. "hey i'm not dead yet," he joked, all i could do was fake a laugh while a single tear fell down my check. suddenly all of our past came rushing back to me.

*5 years ago*

"there is absolutely no way that you're 18 next year," Tessa said watching Charles try spin a plate on a stick. her brother Phillip sat beside her clapping with a great grin. i got up from where i was sitting a ran up to Charles trying to take the plate from him but failed miserably as it ended up crashing onto the floor and shattering. we all burst out into laughter. "speaking of my birthday, you will not even be here, you'll be off in America with the old man and his grandson," Charles laughed, i just rolled my eyes. i hated the thought of leaving, especially being so far from my closest friends. "knowing Blair she will probably end up falling in love with him," Manon laughed, "the old man or the grandson," Nikki joked, "she's always liked an older guy," she added with a wink making us all chuckle. "we all know that if it's anyone getting married it will be Charles and Blair," Phillip said getting up and standing in the middle of us hooking our arms to his. "i'll be the best man of course," he added pretending to walk us down the isle. "i love you all," i said as i sat down with my friends looking at them all. they meant everything to me.
everything. "and we all love you Blair, we always will," Charles smiled taking my hand. "even if you are ditching us to move to England," Nikki said with a smile. "we still have a full year, let's just concentrate on making memories," Tessa said with a great smile. "why not start now?" Manon said getting up.
"right now!" Charles shouted before throwing a glass of water over my head.
"i will bloody get you," i laughed chasing him around my garden.

*end of flashback*

"i love you guys," i said looking at my friends. "we love you Blair, we always will," Charles said. my heart began to ache. soon enough Teddy came through the door with a large basket of food and drinks. "if Charles can't go to a party, a party will come to him," Teddy smiled. Charles sat up with a large smile on his face. "finally, someone making me feel like i am normal," he said to Laurie with deep appreciation.

"it's late, we must get going," Tessa said with a frown looking at her pocket watch.
"can i talk to Theodore; alone, just for a moment?" Charles said, i nodded with a smile and walked out of the room letting the others out. i sat alone in the lounge of my home waiting for them to finish.
my urges got the better of my and i snook over to the door and placed my ear upon it.

"you are a good friend Laurie," Charles said with a scratchy weak voice.
"i need you to look after her, she will spend so much time making sure that i am okay that she will forget about herself, i need you to be there for her," he continued. "anything for Blair," Laurie said. "thank you Laurie, for everything, for today, for looking after Blair before Paris, for always caring," Charles said quietly. "you and i have something with her that is unmatched. we both love her with the entirety of our hearts," Laurie said with a sad voice. "and when i'm gone, i need you to continue, for me, for her," Charles said. i couldn't listen anymore. my heart was ripping apart. my world was crashing down. i was living in a nightmare.

i soon drifted to sleep on the sofa due to the boys talking for longer than expected. i woke up early to check on Charles. as i entered our room i saw that Teddy was sat on the small chair in the corner sleeping. Charles was fast asleep on the bed. i looked at them both and smiled.
i loved them both with my whole heart, just different types of love.