𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞|𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐈𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

you make it home

"i can sit in the garden without hurting myself Blair," Charles said walking slowly to the garden

"i can sit in the garden without hurting myself Blair," Charles said walking slowly to the garden. he was getting weaker by the day. his face was thin. he wouldn't let anyone know he was in pain. he was strong. he always had been.

i helped him settle onto our bench and sat beside him. "this is rather beautiful isn't it?" he smiled. i looked at him in confusion. "the world, the world is beautiful place. everything is art. the thought of it being taken from me pains me deeply," he said with a weak sad smile. i took his cold hand into mine.
"you're art," he smiled. "you belong in the worlds greatest museums, however, i would get jealous," he chuckled before breaking out into a coughing fit. i held his hand tightly and rushed to get him a drink and a blanket.

i sat beside the boy deep in thought for a few minutes before i was disrupted by Marmee and all of the girls rushing in.
"cookies," Amy said setting a basket in-front of us. "fresh," Nikki added with a smile. "you know, i think these might just be the best cookies i have ever tried," Enzo said with a mouth full making Charles laugh. "i agree," Jo said taking one for herself and one for Tessa.
"they'll all be gone in 5 seconds," Manon laughed watching everyone taking the cookies from the basket.
"i like this," Charles smiled, i looked at him with a questioning look.
"i feel so happy, almost like i'm not on deaths door," he laughed. i rested my head onto his shoulder. "i hope you will always feel this happy," i whispered.
"only with you," he replied.

"you don't have to show them that one," Nikki said trying to grab the photo album from my hand. i had got into the habit of taking photos when i was 15 and had been collecting them and putting them in albums ever since. "looks at Charles and Phillips cute little faces," Tessa smiled pointing to a picture of the two of them at school. "i think this one is the best," i smiled pointing to a picture of us all in my old home in England. we were sat in the garden under the blossom tree and had the greatest smiles on our faces. "i like that one too," Charles smiled.

"oh my lord why did you ever let Nikki cut my bangs," Tessa covered her face with embarrassment as we all laughed. "you kind of suit the lopsided look. oddly," Jo smiled. "i think i did a great job," Nikki laughed, "sure babe, just remind me never to let you around scissors again," Amy laughed. just then Teddy walked through the gate with a smile.
"the albums are finally out, you'd never show me these before," he said rushing to us to have a look. "Laurie, look at this one, this is her going away party. just before she came here," Charles smiled handing him a small album.
"oh lord, Jo come look at this, Tessa is literally hanging from a tree while Manon is trying to pull her down," Laurie laughed loudly. "she basically lived in that tree," Manon laughed looking at herself on the photo.

"look how cute you two look here," Amy said pointing to an image of Charles and i.
i was sat in between his legs as we were both sat on the red picnic blanket. Charles was holding a strawberry in front of my face as i tried to capture it into my mouth.

*flashback to Blair's leaving party*

"give me the strawberry," i said with a laugh. "there's no way," Charles chuckled behind me. "oh isn't there," i smiled suddenly turning around catching him off guard and snatching the strawberry with my hand behind me. i put it in my mouth and ruffled his hair. he blushed deep red.

"a married couple in the making i swear," Phillip said settling down with us, the girls then joined. "no way, she's going to fall in love with the mysterious boy in America," Nikki smiled.
"he's our age isn't he?" Manon asked,
"18 i think, a year older," i replied.
"can we stop talking about my future, i just want to not waste a single second of my last day with you all," i said with a sad face. they all nodded.

before i could even blink Charles had lifted me into his arms and was running to the tree. "i am not climbing up there," i said with a laugh. "sure you aren't," he winked.

*end of flashback*

"if only we could go back," Charles sighed.
"if only," i said trying to fake a smile but deep down my heart was crashing.