𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭|𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

the truth

"i have been waiting for this girls day more than you guys could imagine," i said falling back onto my bed

more than you guys could imagine,"
i said falling back onto my bed.
"honestly i'm just glad that you brought muffins Tessa, i'm so hungry," Nikki said taking one from the basket.
"well i would have help from Miss Baking champion over there and made them 10 times faster but she was too occupied by the flowers," Tessa laughed.
"hey, it's not my fault they are all needed my help, if someone's gardener did their job properly i would have been happy to help," she said shrugging with a cheeky smile.

"are you guys liking it here?" i said, the all nodded, "everyone here is the nicest," Manon smiled playing with the hem of her dress. "especially Enzo," i smiled at her causing her cheeks to go bright red.
"see i told you guys," i said, making her eyes widen, "she's smitten," Nikki smiled,
"leave the poor girl alone, don't act like you and Laurie haven't got something going on," Tessa said making me gasp.
"no, never, he's, well he's Laurie," i laughed trying to avert the conversation from me.

"i don't know how either of you every try to expose Manon when your both like lost puppies around the people here," Tessa giggled. "i mean, pretty much everyone is exceptionally good looking," she added.
"Tessa likes someone," i gasped,
"look at her little twiddling thumbs, she's in love," Nikki said with a smile.
"it's Laurie isn't it, he's quite the charmer," i said, she shook her head fast, "he's, not my type," she said pausing.
"is it Enzo?" Manon said with a
hint of sadness. she widened her eyes quickly shook her head once again.
"still not my type, i like something, a little different," she said smiling.
"please don't tell me you're crushing on Mr Laurence," Nikki said making us burst into laughter. "you guys are missing something," Tessa said still laughing at the Mr Laurence question.

then it came to me. something id been seeing all week, something that only just resonated with me. i knew exactly who it was and why she was shy to say.
"is it Jo?" i said softly, Tessa looked to me with wide eyes and slowly nodded.
"now please girls if you see me in a different light i do not wish to ruin our friendship. i only wish to be accepted and-" she was cut off by the group pulling her into a tight hug. "you will always be accepted," Manon whispered. "and loved," Nikki added, "by us all," i finished.

just as we pulled from away from the hug with smiles on each of our faces.
"you know what, we will make it our mission to unite Jo and Tessa," i said proudly. the others stood with me nodding in agreement.
"first step of the plan, we need to-" as i was about to finish my sentence but a curly haired red faced boy came tumbling in through my door. he stood awkwardly his hands behind his back, "i wasn't-" was all he said before i interrupted him.
"Theodore Laurence you were spying on us," i said in a loud and frustrated tone.
"i didn't mean harm i just heard my name and i-" he rambled but i shook my head.
"no Teddy this was sensitive information. apologise," i said with a stomp of my foot.
"i'm sorry Tessa, i never meant harm," he said looking to her in desperation for forgiveness. she smiled.
"it's fine Laurie," she said with a smile back. "i promise i will do whatever in my power to help you," he said to her making her smile brighter.
"so you're in on the mission?" Nikki said,
he nodded. "welcome to the union," Manon said giving him a handshake.
"next time i'll remember to lock my doors Laurence," i said with a smile nudging his side.

"so, you really like girls?" Teddy said sitting on the bed with us. "yes, well, and boys, it's not a preference, more like i love who i love and it doesn't matter what's downstairs," she said with a chuckle. Laurie's face turned red, you could tell he's never had a conversation of this sorts before, well, with girls.
"well i've had some experience in the likes of crushing on Jo March, therefore, i'm happy to assist," he said making us laugh.
"do you still like her?" Manon asked, he shook his head, "i have my eyes set on another," he smiled shyly.

after explaining to Teddy that he mustn't tell a soul we decided to have a break from Mission Jo and Tessa.
"so if i was in England, and i wanted to mail some mail, i'd have to go to a post office? not a mail box?" he said in confusion. "no no no, we have post boxes, they're red, and cute, much nicer than the rust buckets here," i smiled.
"post box, it's got a ring to it," he said nodding his head making Manon roll her eyes with a smile.

i had complete true in Teddy, and i'm sure that my girls did too. i was excited to help Tessa, however all this time around
newly single Laurie was going to
be a challenge for my contrasting thoughts. sure he was charming, funny, nice, sweet, kind, and absolutely gorgeous, but he still kissed me while in a relationship for another, therefor it couldn't happen. i would not let him do
the to me. no matter how much i wanted to.