𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧|𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

a new start

he stayed with me that night, he wanted to leave but i pleaded with him to not leave me alone

he stayed with me that night, he wanted to leave but i pleaded with him to not leave me alone. i slept on the large sofa while he fell asleep sitting up in the arm chair. it didn't feel right to go back into the bedroom of the home,
it would bring too many memories back,
memories i was not ready to handle yet.

i awoke to the sound of a soft hum and the smell of cooking. i walked into the kitchen and there was Laurie frying eggs.
"good morning," he said with a smile as he placed the last egg on a plate.
"good morning Teddy," i replied happily.
"it smells great," i added making him blush, he loved cooking at the moment, he was always offering to make great foods despite our lack of need for such eccentric meals.

"whatever would you like to do today Theodore?" i said with a smile, he looked at me with wide eyes. "oh Blair, i must tell you i have business to attend to today,
i am afraid i have to leave soon," he said sadly, i was embarrassed for even asking.
i shook my head with a fake smile,
"it's fine Teddy, i have other friends," i said cringing at my own words. maybe it was right that i met my girls, it had been so long since we all met in happinesses.
"i must be off," i said getting up, Laurie looked confused, "wherever and you going?" he said, i smiled, "to see my girls," i said before pulling my coat on and rushing out of the door. Teddy walked to the door and watched me rush off,
"i guess i will be tidying up then," he shouted to me with a chuckled.
i just smiled and continued on my way.

my first stop was Nikki and Amy's bakery,
i walked through the pastel doors into a their cute building. it was decorated for the season, with autumnal decor residing over each surface. the bell of the door rang when i walked in and i heard someone rushing to the counter.
"Blair?!" Amy said excitedly and pulled me into her embrace. "you're out of the house," she said with amazement. i nodded with a chuckle. "i couldn't spend all of my life moaning around annoying the Laurences," i laughed to her.
"who is it Amy? do they need any bread, if so tell them it will be around 5 minutes, it needs to cool," i heard Nikki shout from the back. "i don't think they want bread, you may want to come see who it is," Amy smiled shouting back to her girlfriend.
"okay okay i'm coming but i am very busy so i must-" she said walking in not paying attention, that was until she saw me. she stood in shock before pouncing on me for a hug. "Blair!" she shouted holding me tight. i squeezed her hard and smiled.
she smelled just like honey, when she pulled away i realised she had flower on her nose and burst into laughter, she looked confused as Amy chucked too. Amy then walked over and swiped the flour from her nose with her thumb.
"so Blair, what did you need?" Amy smiled. "Nikki, i need Nikki, we are going to get the girls and have fun. like old days," i smiled. Nikki jumped with excitement. "don't be back too late," Amy giggled as we walked out of the door together. "see you soon," Nikki smiled placing a kiss upon Amy's cheek making her blush.

we walked quickly to the quaint little cottage surrounded by flowers, it almost looked like spring here. we opened the small gate and heard laughing from the side of the house. "Enzo put me down," Manon laughed loudly as Enzo held her like a fireman and ran around the large garden. they didn't realise that we were there until Enzo almost same charging into us. "Blair," Manon said jumping down and running to hug me. "she's finally left her pit," Nikki joked making us chuckle. "so, how's it been?" Enzo smiled taking me into a small hug. "it's getting better, i can finally say that it's truly getting better," i said with a little smile.
"so, what is it that graces us with your presence girls," Enzo said, "well, we need Manon, a girls day is at hand," Nikki said.
Manon jumped with excitement and looked at Enzo who was just as happy.
"i hope you all have fun," Enzo smiled before pulling Manon into his right embrace. after their goodbyes we were back on our way. "show us the ring then," i said to Manon excitedly. she blushed and help out her hand to show us her engagement ring. Nikki and i squealed.
"you two really are perfect together," Nikki smiled.

soon enough we got to the cabin in the woods. it was so fitting for them.
it was almost silent until we smelt smoke and heard a scream of laughter. we ran to the back garden where the noise and smoke same from and saw Tessa and Jo rolling around in laughter while a fire blazed in a metal barrel, we looked at them with concern. "we tried to toast marshmallows," Tessa said barely being able to get her words out from her laughter. "and Jo nearly blew us up," she continued holding her stomach. Jo hadn't stopped laughing next to her.
after they calmed down and we ready to speak we told them of the girls day and were all ready to be off with our plans.

-

"well, what are we going to do?" Manson asked excitedly as we walked through the quaint village near Concord. it was filled with autumnal smells and colours.
"i thought that we could maybe go dress shopping?" i asked shyly not knowing if they wanted to do that, i just felt that i had to get something new to make me feel beautiful again. "oh Blair, we'd love to do that, Manon needs to check out some wedding gowns anyway," Nikki smiled with a wink. "let's get our girl feeling like a princess again," Tessa said hooking her arm into mine and walking down the cobble stone path to reach the boutique.
it was adorable. golden mirrors laced the walls alongside robes of pearls. flowers were surrounding the near tables making the smell exquisite.

"hello girls, what can i help you with today?" a women said walking from the back of the room. she was around her mid fifties, a smile spread across her face, she brought instant happiness to the room.
"we are looking for some gowns," Tessa said with a warm smile. the women quickly nodded and showed us to another room filled with gowns of all colours and styles. "this, this is, completely amazing," i stuttered amazed by the sights.
"why don't we start over here?" the women said smiling to us leading us to the ball gowns. "this makes me need another ball," Nikki said, Tessa jumped at the idea, "why don't we? a celebration of Blair finally leaving the house, we need an excuse to celebrate," she said making Manon nod quickly at the idea.
"a theme; we need a theme!" Nikki gushed. "halloween," Manon said loudly covering her mouth after realising how loud she shouted. we all chuckled and nodded in agreement. "a masquerade?" Nikki proposed, "again?" Tessa giggled, "yes, it's been a long time," i said gushing at the idea of feeling like myself again.
"when? we need to prepare," Tessa said pulling out her notebook and a green pencil. "well, we could do this saturday, just invite everyone and anyone," Nikki said, we all agreed and said to have it in the ball room of Mr Laurences home, i already knew he'd be fine with it.

we got back to looking at the dresses and that's when i spotted it, a pastel blue gown, it was made of silk, with gold embellishments. i stared at it with big eyes and stroked my hand across it.
"i love it," i said quietly. the women came to me with a smile, "it's beautiful isn't it," she said, i nodded speechless. "you have to get it Blair," Nikki said having already chosen her light yellow dress and holding it close to her chest. the other girls had already got their dresses picked.
Manon held a emerald dress closer to her alike Tessa with her deep red gown.

-

we pranced back into town leaving eachother by the well and all going our separate ways back into our lives. i watched the light clouds travel the blue sky while lost in thought. i was truly happy. i was getting my life back. i stopped by a large tree for a moment resting my back my eyes still stuck on the sky. it was then that i saw a heart shape in the sky, it was him, the sun shot a beam through the heart, it was Charles.
he was telling me it's okay, telling me that i can be happy again.

i got back to the Laurence home and there was Mr Laurence sat reading a book with a smile on his face. "hello," i said walking in sitting myself on the arm of the chair beside him. "you look happy Blair," he said with great joy, i nodded, "i am," it was the first time i wanted to admit it, the first time i felt like it was okay, the first time in six long months. "i have a question," i said looking at him with a cheeky smile, he rolled his eyes with a chuckled, "anything for you Blair," he said, i smiled. "can we use the ball room this saturday, a halloween party, anyone may come," as the words fell from my mouth Mr Laurences smile grew more and more. "anything for you Blair," he repeated. i pulled him into a hug.
"i love you Mr Laurence," i said with tears building in my eyes. "i love you too Blair," he said holding tightly. he was like the father i had always wanted, the father who i always needed.

i heard the door swing open. i saw Theodore stood with a smile on his face.
his hair all over his face. "our dear Blair is hosting a party," Mr Laurence said from behind me. "a dress up masquerade," i added. Laurie smiled, "this saturday," i added again. the boy looked happy,
"i can't wait," he said.

-

as night fall fell i looked at my dress from the corner of my eye. i loved it, so much.
i sighed to myself, maybe life could get better again.