𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭|𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧

halloween

"wake up," i heard with a swing of my door

"wake up," i heard with a swing of my door. i opened my eyes groggily, "it's the day of the ball we need to get ready and decorate, up up up," Tessa said pulling me from the bed. i stumbled out and fell onto the floor making Nikki laugh.
"i am so ready," Manon said hanging her dress up on a hook on my wall, the other girls followed her action and sat on my bed. "a halloween masquerade," i smiled,
"it will be amazing, Laurie and Mr Laurence have set up the alcohol," Nikki winked. "and they have started on the decorations so we can spend more time getting ready," Manon added.
"let's get ready then we can't break schedule," Tessa said tapping her book with her pencil.

-

we were around an hour into getting ready when the door burst open again. Jo and Amy came in and sat on my bed.
"hello loves," Amy smiled while Jo just admired Tessa. by now we had finished our hair and nearly completed our make up, it wouldn't be long till the ball would start and the nerves were setting in.
"you look beautiful," Amy said to Nikki, "Enzo is downstairs helping Laurie and Mr Laurence, they are pretty much done," Jo said sitting next to Tessa while she applied her red lipstick.

"i am nervous," i said looking down at my dress, i was done with hair and make up alike the other girls therefore it meant it was time to go down. "just put it on you'll look amazing," Manon said giving me a hug first. i nodded and with a gulp and picked it into my hands and admired the dress once again.

Tessa had spiced up her dress by adding golden cog like stitches, she was a steampunk red queen, upon her mask were golden cogs with brown highlights.
Manon was dressed as the green goddess Demeter, her green dress representing the nature of the women, her mask was jewelled with delicate golden leaves with green gems to add Manons touch.
Nikki was dressed as a delicate butterfly, her light yellow dress moves softly in the wind with her mask mirroring the wings of a butterfly.

i had decided on being a fairy with my pale blue dress embellished with small jewels, the mask i wore was the same blue with purple detailing, it was delicate and beautiful. i looked at myself in the mirror. Nikki came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "you can do this."

-

we walked into the large ball room and were greeted by the browns and reds of autumn. the tables were covered in fake leaves alike the chains of them on the walls. small pumpkins with candles in that looked so cute. the room was already filled with guests all of which stared at us as we walked in. i felt like leaving right there and then, that was until Manon took my hand and pulled me deep into the room. "have a drink, loosen up, it's all okay" she smiled. i nodded and took some champagne into my hand. i quickly drunk it and took another, liquid courage i guess.

it was overwhelming so i sat down alone and observed the guests. they were having so much fun. it made me happy.
soon a guy in a black suit with a violet waist coat sat beside me.
"it's crazy isn't it," he said. i knew that voice, i knew it at an instant but didn't want to ruin the conversation by telling him that. "what is crazy?" i asked, he smiled. "how absolutely anybody could be here right now, you could be anyone you want to be, as could i, we could completely make up a whole life and no one would question it," he said, i nodded.
"i agree. for all anyone knows i could be a royal family member," i laughed.
"i like you accent, always have," he said quietly. i rested my head on his shoulder, usually i would have felt guilt however now i didn't, maybe it was the alcohol or maybe i was really better.

"i could tell who you were the second i saw your eyes," he said. "the voice did it for me," i smiled lifting my head from his shoulder. "you look beautiful," he said taking my hand, i blushed, "thank you Teddy," i replied squeezing his hand.
"i have really enjoyed having you back to normal, it's just like old times," he smiled,
"thank you for helping me Theodore, i really appreciate it," i said making his smile grow more. "anything, and i mean anything for you princess," he said with a sincere voice.

"how about we have a few more drinks," i said pulling him up before he could speak. he chuckled as i pulled him to the pyramid of champagne glasses.
"how about we sit outside, i lit a fire out there earlier incase anyone wanted to relax," he said grabbing a bottle of the champagne, i nodded and followed his lead.

in the garden we sat on a large log of a tree that Mr Laurence had brought back earlier this month. the fire brought a orange light around us, it was calm, the stars above shone against its black canvas. Laurie said next to me, his curly hair laid softly upon his head in a perfect way, the glow of the light against his face brought all the perfection to light.
"have i got something on my face," he chuckled after catching me staring at him,
"nope, just enjoying the moment," i smiled, "me too Blair," he smiled back to me. we both took our masks from our faces and drank from our glasses.
"if i may?" Teddy asked, i nodded, he tucked a small piece of hair behind my eyes and stroked my check bone with his thumb. i got lost in his eyes, those same eyes i fell in love with all that time ago, the same eyes that have helped me so much. his lips curved into a smile, mine soon copied.

we were like that for a few minuets until the glass doors opened from behind us, it was an old friend of Teddy's, i knew he'd want to speak to us, but i just wanted to be alone with him. "quick, let's go," i said grabbing his hand and beginning to run without even allowing him to react.
we ran through the ball room laughing, weaving in and out of people, running through the large doors of the home and eventually up the stairs and into his room.
we laid back on his bed both laughing, both out of breath. still hand in hand.

"you make everything better Teddy," i said turning to face him. "so do you Blair, you always have," he said with a smile.
"your dress, it's so beautiful Blair.
you look like a real princess," he smiled,
"the aim was a fairy but i'll take princess," i joked, he laughed before placing his hand on the side of my face with a sigh.
"i have been dreaming of the night we'd laugh together like this again," he whispered, my eyes widened, "i missed you Teddy, i really missed you," i whispered back to him. once again i became lost in those deep eyes of his.
i placed my hand onto his head, his soft hair running through my hand.
he moved closer to me, our heads only inches apart. i felt butterflies rise in my stomach. he was so close, he was so perfect.

suddenly the door crashed open, Teddy and i flung ourselves up to hide anything that just happened. it was a maid, "sorry to interrupt, the party is now over, i was just ensuring all guests had left," she smiled apologetically. "it is fine Miss, there is nothing to be sorry about," Laurie smiled, the women left and we became silent.

"it is late," i said getting up, "yeh," he said scratching the back of his neck. "i'll head off to bed," i began walking to the door.
before i could open it Teddy ran to me,
"wait," he said, i looked at him with a smile, "thank you, you really made tonight amazing," he said before planing a soft kiss upon my check. "no, thank you," i said before leaving with a great
smile.

i skipped back and entered my room, i laid back onto my bed with a happy sigh.
i stared out the the sky from my bed,
i was so content. i hadn't felt like this in months, years, in fact i hadn't felt like this since before i left here the first time.
maybe it was him, maybe Teddy was the only one who could make me feel this way. he was my joy.