𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝟏𝟎|𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬

big news

"do you ever wonder what she's writing in there?" Teddy said looking at Tessa who was writing frantically

at Tessa who was writing frantically.
i shrugged, "anything really, she likes to keep her thoughts organised, and thats
how she does it," i said, he nodded.
we had all gone for a picnic in the meadow due to the exceptionally great weather. "Laurie can you pass me my sketch book?" Amy said taking her pencil from her dress, Teddy passed the book quickly and then laid back on the blanket.

"that's beautiful," Nikki said looking at Amy's art, making Amy blush and shyly turn her head. "thank you," she said before closing her book and rushing off.
"look at that cloud, it looks like a heart," Teddy said pointing towards the sky. him and i had been making out the shapes of clouds almost all day.
"it's cute," i smiled. "like you," he said under his breath, almost like i wasn't meant to hear him.

"can you two stop flirting? we need to be getting back," Manon said packing away the picnic set. i shook my head.
"far from flirting Manon," i said with an eye roll, "i wish you were," Teddy said however his tone full of his cocky humour. i pushed his side and stood to the group. "i don't know about you guys,
but i see flirting," Manon giggled before walking away with the basket,
Enzo quickly taking it from her arms to help her.

"no you have to follow me," Teddy laughed, he had blind folded me and was now taking me somewhere in which i had no idea. "if you are going to murder me,
i hope you know that my friends will hunt you down," i laughed, i heard his chuckle softly. "they are over at the Marches, they wouldn't have a clue," he said making me shake my head. "we are almost here," he said with excitement in his voice.
"gosh the suspense is killing me," i said sarcastically making him huff.
i could imagine his little pouting face.

"and we are here," he said pulling off the blindfold. "this is my bedroom Teddy," i laughed, he shook his head,
"over there silly," he said pointing to my bed. set upon the pillow was a small teddy bear, i walked closer to feel its soft fur and take it too my arms. it smelt just like him.
upon its chest laid a heart very much
obviously stitched in by him.
i stared at it in awe. "oh Teddy," i smiled holding the bear close to my chest.
"now when you need me, you'll always have a Teddy of some form around," he smiled. "i can't thank you enough," i said now pulling him into my arms.
while embracing him i heard a knock on my door making me realise that the hug was longer than it should have been.
"your presence has been requested at the March home," a maid smiled.
we nodded and got on our way.

"now you're finally here," Meg smiled as she opened the door. "where have you been?" Jo winked, "a blindfolded treasure hunt," Teddy smiled innocently making Jo raise her eyebrows. we walked to
the living room and took a seat.
"now that everyone is here," Meg said smiling at Teddy and i,
"i have some news to announce," she continued, from the kitchen a man emerged, a man whom i only knew as Teddy's tutor. Teddy tilted his head at the man in confusion.

Tessa scooted over to me and held out a letter. "i got this just as we returned back to the house," she said in whisper, "what is it?" i whispered back making her shrug her shoulders. "it's addressed to Tessa, Nikki and i," Manon said from behind me keeping to the whisper, "open it then," Nikki said impatiently all while Teddy tried to listen to both conversations.
i dress my attention back to Meg however this was quickly interrupted by
Tessa tapping my shoulder in a
extremely quick manor, almost of urgency. i looked at her with my brows furrowed. she took at deep breath,
"we must return home next month, August 30th, but you can come with us," she whispered.
"we're getting married on the 29th of August," she shouted holding Mr Brooks hands tightly.

it was almost like the world stopped.
in my head everything froze.
my best friends were leaving. i could leave with them. that meant leaving Teddy, for what most probably would have been
forever. leaving Concord. leaving the Marches. but, i'd be home.
in this moment i couldn't think.

"come on we need to congratulate Meg," Teddy said pulling me up snapping me out of my thoughts.
"what did Tessa say? you're acting like you've seen a ghost," he chuckled.
"i can go back home," i said quietly, however he most definitely heard,
i could see that by his wide eyes and open mouth. "so you're leaving?" he said, i shrugged. "i have a month to decide," i said with no emotion, he nodded.
"well i better make this the best month of your life to convince you to stay," he smiled holding my hand tighter.