The Danger Begins

Audrey's POV

My eyes flickered to the elevator as I heard screaming. I had no idea on who it could be since usually the only people down here are just me and my dad. I stood up in confusion and placed my tablet down.

"Dad?" I turned to Ray, my father. "Do you hear that?"

My dad stood up, hearing the sound as well. Our attention drawled to the boy who just walked out of the elevator. He had messy blonde hair and bright brown eyes and looked like he's been on a rollercoaster.

He looked around the room before spotting us. He looked over us and greeted us with an, "Hello?"

"Hey! How are you? Cool, thanks, great! Nice to meet you, I'm doing good. What's your name?" My dad said at once and started walking over to the blonde-haired boy, speaking way too fast for both of our brains to comprehend.

"Um, I'm Henry Hart." Henry introduced. "I'm here about the job?" He looked very, very confused.

"Age?" My dad questioned. Henry didn't look any older than me.

"13. I'll be 14 on my next birthday." Henry answered quickly.

"Me too!" I chimed in, walking toward Henry and my dad.

"Ah, so you're aging sequentially. I like that." My dad smiled. Oh my gosh, he is so embarrassing.

"Thanks?" Henry thanked him, still confused about the whole situation. I don't blame him.

"My name's Ray, and over there is—" My father started before I immediately cut him off.

"Audrey. I'm Audrey." I gave Henry a warm smile. Am I about to make my first friend? I hope so.

"Hi, Ray. Hello, Audrey." Henry shook my hand and it felt like I've been electrocuted with fireworks.

"You ask a lot of questions." My dad randomly retorted and we both looked at him, puzzled.

"I don't think I've asked any questions..." Henry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Chocolate or vanilla?" My dad pointed to Henry. If he's a vanilla kind-of boy, we're gonna be the best of friends.

"Vanilla," Henry replied and shrugged slightly. Oh yeah, we're gonna get along great.

"Dogs or cats?" I asked.

"Dogs," Henry answered.

"He's a keeper." I grinned and sat back down on the couch.

"Maybe. Helicopters or kangaroos?" My dad continued with his questions.

"Helicopters?" Henry said.

"Love it." My dad turned around. "Scrambled eggs or dynamite?" My dad had a serious look on his face.

"Both?"

"Maybe." My dad and I both said, sharing an intense look.

"Complete this sentence, 'I'm sorry, mother, I didn't mean for my elephant to blank'." My dad signaled him to finish the sentence.

"Uh, lick dad," Henry answered, confused about his own answer and shook his head in embarrassment.

We all started laughing awkwardly at his answer.

"Well, that's not funny." My dad stopped laughing at us.

"No." I agreed and slouched down on the couch, trying to hide my wide grin. I took out my bubblegum container tube and took one bubblegum out, and start chewing it after my dad did it.

"Um, is this the job interview?" Henry implored, watching my dad go over to the monitor.

"Do you want it to be the job interview?" My dad questioned, looking back over at Henry.