Grave Danger

Audrey's POV

Henry and Charlotte entered the Man Cave. My dad was currently sobbing and his underwear was everywhere. Even I didn't know what was going on.

"Ray?" Henry began, walking over to me. "What is going on?"

I shrugged. "Don't know. I came home and he was sobbing. Pretty usual if you ask me." I added another shrug. "Dad, why are you crying?" I asked once again.

"Yeah, and why is your underwear stuck all over the place?" Charlotte added.

"I— I don't know." My dad sobbed.

A wave of embarrassment flew through my body. Why was he acting like this? Is he just trying to make me miserable?

"Ray... c'mon, buddy. I promise, we'll figure out who did this to your underpants, and we'll get 'em." Henry assured.

"Yeah," Charlotte agreed with Henry's promise.

We all sat down on the couch, wanting to hear my dad's answer.

"No, don't you see?!" My dad breathed in sharply. "I did this! I did it all by myself!" He let out another sob.

"But why?" I emphasized the 'why'.

"You tell me!" My dad shot back. "I took a nap, right here, and when I woke up, this bottle of glue was in my hand, and the underwear'd been stuck all over the place!"

"Okay, okay... well, maybe you were just sleep-walking," I suggested, trying to make this situation more realistic.

"Maybe." He sat up straight. "'Cause this isn't the first time something like this has happened. The other night I woke up at four in the morning and you know what was in my bed with me?"

"Was it Schwoz's pig?" Charlotte guessed.

"I wish. But no, I woke up and found myself lying in my own spaghetti!" My dad almost screamed and leaned back onto the couch, letting out another sob.

"I'm sorry, what?" Henry looked over at me and I gave him a small shrug with a confused face.

"Earlier that day, I made a big pot of spaghetti, right? And when I woke up, it was all around me in my bed!" My dad jumped off the couch and looked at his pants. "There were meatballs in my pajamas!"

I stood up and touched my dad's shoulder. "All right, just calm down—"

"I can't just calm down!" My dad shrieked and I jumped, pulling my hand off of him. "I'm losin' it. I put things down, and when I go to look for 'em, I can't find 'em. And I'm losing my balance too! I keep tripping over things that aren't there! I'm falling down for no reason..." My dad walked over to his underwear on the wall. "Ahh, just look at my underwear. It's on the walls! That's not where underwear should be! Why's it on the walls?!"

"Okay." Henry walked up to him. "Listen. Okay, calm down—" Henry screamed when my dad screamed. "Woah! Hey, hey!" Henry yelled.

"Listen to me! Listen to me!" I demanded. "I want you to go to your room, right now, and take a long nap."

"But there's spaghetti in my bed!" My dad cried out.

"Okay, okay, okay," I repeated as he laid his head on my shoulder, sobbing. "Why don't you go sleep in my room? There's no Italian food in my bed." I pulled him off of me.

He sniffled. "Okay, I'll try. I'll try Audrey's room."

With that, my dad started to walk to the mini staircase to the sprocket. Before he reached, he fell onto the platform. My dad looked at us almost immediately.