Christmas Danger

Audrey's POV

I walked to Swellview City Hall with Kid Danger. Everyone cheered for us when we walked onto the stage.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Well, it's December 24th, and that means, welcome to Captain Man's third annual Christmas Breakfast!" Kid Danger exclaimed.

"Thank you." I grinned as everyone clapped for us. "Oh, that's nice. Oh."

Kid Danger shuffled to the microphone. "You know, it's really great to—"

"Hey, shut up and feed us!" A woman yelled in the crowd.

Kid Danger and I looked at each other before turning back to the woman.

"Just a moment, sir." Kid Danger sighed, still managing to smile.

"I'm a woman!" The woman argued.

I covered my mouth and giggled at Kid Danger who had a awkward look on his face.

"Stop laughing!" The woman told me and Kid Danger bit his lip to help him not to laugh.

"Sorry, ma'am." Kid Danger and I both apologized.

"And now, we present your handsome host, the guy who paid for all of this, Swellview's most important citizen." I put the card I was reading off down. "Captain Man."

Captain Man walked in the room and balloons flew around. "Thank you! Yes, yes. I know, I know!"

"All right, everybody get up here and taste the Christmas." Kid Danger said as we stood behind the food.

Captain Man handed us hair nets. "Here, kids, put this on."

"Ew. I don't want to wear a hair net." Kid Danger objected.

"You have to wear one. You're serving food. It's a city law." Captain Man ordered.

"All right." Kid Danger gave in and put on the hairnet with me. "But I'm doing this begrudgingly."

I turned to Captain Man and found him not wearing a hairnet.

"Hey, how come you're not wearing a hair net?" I questioned.

He chuckled. "Lots of reasons. First, I'm Captain Man. Second, I'm very handsome and I do not wear hair nets."

Kid Danger and I shrugged at each other before getting back to work.

The woman that yelled at us a few minutes earlier walked up to us. "Hey, are these reindeer eggs locally sourced?"

"I— I don't know." Captain Man confessed.

"Well, I won't eat eggs unless they're locally sourced!"

"Okay, good for you."

"Hey, why aren't you wearing a hair net?!" The woman shouted.

"Lots of reasons. One—"

"Shut up!" She demanded.

"You know, I'm guessing you don't get invited to a lot of parties." Captain Man shrugged as she walked away.

"Hey, Captain Man, Captain Man." The Vice Mayor trailed over to us.

I watched as Captain Man stepped aside.

"Wonder what the Mayor wants now." I shook my head and continued to serve people food.

"Who knows." Kid Danger sighed.

I saw Captain Man groan as the Vice Mayor walked away. Kid Danger and I scrambled over to Captain Man.

"What's the problem?" I asked.