JAM Session

Audrey's POV

"Bring your pets inside, and tie your kid to something heavy, because a big ol' tornado is on the way to Swellview, and it's expected to cause powerful winds of up to 95 miles per hour."

"A tornado? Are you kidding?" I say to myself while putting a game card onto the floor where I and my dad were sitting and playing a card game. Charlotte and Jasper were scooping pumpkin guts while we all watched the news.

The elevator door dings and Henry walks in. "Hey, Audrey." He greets me and turns to my dad. "Why are you making Charlotte and Jasper hack up pumpkins?"

My dad turns his attention to Henry and puts down a card. "Isn't it obvious?"

"No."

"I'm on PEP! P-E-P."

"Pep?"

"Yeah! The pumpkin eating plan. All I eat are pumpkins now."

I roll my eyes and scoff. "It's kind of gross, actually. It feels like Halloween and it isn't even October."

Henry grins and walks over to me. "Is that so?" He kisses my cheek and I put my shoulder up to my cheek to make him stop. I giggle as he continues.

"Henry!" My dad stands up in anger. "What did I tell you?! Keep your dirty little hands off my Audrey!"

My face becomes pink. I swear he's so embarrassing. Why can't he be a normal dad and let me live my life?

I glance over at Charlotte and she lets out a giggle. I get up and throw some pumpkin guts on her and she screams. In return, she throws some back and I scream.

"Guys, this isn't a food fight!" Jasper tells us while holding a knife.

"Okay, that knife you're holding is making me uncomfortable," Charlotte informs him.

"I agree," I reply and she nods at me.

"Hey look! Everybody!" Schwoz yells and runs into the room. "Come look what I made!"

I look at Schwoz and look at the vest with wires and machines attached. I have no idea what he created, but I hope it's cool.

"Um, what is that?" Henry asks and crosses his arms.

"I call it a 'breeze-eer'. You can use it if there are strong winds." He explains.

"Oh, is this about that tornado that's headed toward Swellview?" Jasper asks and Schwoz nods.

"Yeah! See, if the wind grabs you and lifts you off the ground, you can use these controls to turn yourself, and navagoot."

"Navagoot?" Henry repeats in confusion.

"I think he means navigate." Charlotte points out and Schwoz nods in confirmation.

"Navi-gaaeea-te..." Schwoz tries to pronounce and I cringe.

"Schwoz, don't even try it," I say and he huffs and turns back to his machines in the suitcase.

"Hey! Who wants a breeze-eer?"

"I'm fine!"

"Nobody!"

"No thanks!"

We all turn back to our duties while Schwoz begins to leave the room while saying something I couldn't understand.

"Hey Henry, did Piper start Junior Anger Management?" Charlotte asks and my face lights up. I totally forgot about that. Henry texted about it to me earlier.

"Uh, yeah. Me and my dad dropped her off this morning." Henry replies and my dad laughs and puts down a card. "What?"

"Ha! As in, 'Ha! JAM class is stupid'."