I Know Your Secret

Audrey's POV

I hummed to myself and flipped the page of my Harry Potter book. It was peace and quiet in the Man Cave which rarely happens but Henry and Charlotte were at school. Actually, they should be out right now.

I sighed and put my book down. I was bored since I always finish my homework early. I wish I had a friend down here who could just be here 24/7.

The elevator dinged and I turned to the elevator and saw Henry run inside with a piece of paper. He looked panicked.

"What's wrong, Hen?" I asked, looking around him to see if Charlotte was there. Nope.

"Someone gave me this note in my locker!" He shoved the paper in my face and I backed up from him.

"Let me see." I looked at the note in his hands and read the note carefully. I know your secret. I know what you did on Wednesday night. This isn't good.

"Dad!" I screamed and could hear him rushing to the main room. "What does this mean? You don't think...?"

"I don't have any other secrets!" Henry protested and ran his fingers through his hair.

My dad came running into the room and he looked worried. "What happened? Is everything okay?"

"Come look at this." I showed him the paper and he read it with a confused face.

A few moments passed and he screamed, "Schwoz!" I knew this wasn't going to turn out well.

***

"And you're a hundred percent sure you didn't tell anyone?" My dad interrogated Henry while we sat on the couch.

"I told nobody," Henry said for the hundredth time.

"Well... did you send any emails or text messages where you mentioned that you're Kid Danger?"

"Oh, wait, no, yeah... last week I did stand on my roof naked and yell, 'Hey! Everybody! Look at me! I'm Henry Hart and I'm Kid Danger'!"

"You did that naked?" My dad asked and I sighed.

"No, Dad. Hint the sarcasm!" I remarked and slouched in my chair.

"So, this is joke time for you?" My dad crossed his arms and Henry shrugged. "Okay, I'm sorry... are you Jimmy Fallon? Hey, later on, are you going to get some tacos with QuestLove?!"

"I don't know why you're mad at me." Henry sighed and looked back at Schwoz who was scanning the paper for fingerprints.

"Dude, if anyone knows that you're Kid Danger, they can follow you here. They can come down here and figure out that I'm Captain Man and Audrey's Quick Shot!"

I shook my head at them. "Don't bring me into this."

Henry scoffed. "Oh, so this is all about you?"

"No. It's mostly about me and Audrey. Besides, I don't want her getting hurt."

"You think I'd intentionally hurt her?"

"Ah! I got it!" Schwoz yelled and I was once thankful for him. "I got something!"

I jumped from the couch and ran over to Schwoz. "What did ya find, Schwoz?"

"I scanned this note with this bio-metric particle scanner. Now you'll see." He pressed a button on the remote and on the screen DNA appeared. "On this note, I found some DNA." Schwoz pronounced DNA wrong so Henry and I shared some glances.

"D-GEN-EYES?" He questioned and I smiled at him. He always found ways to find light out of situations like these.

"DNA." My dad corrected, obviously not in a good mood.