Invisible Brad

Audrey's POV

"Hey, Aud?" Henry walked up to me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I searched up videos of One Direction interviews.

"Have you, uh.. have you been noticing anything, like, weird about Ray?" Henry asked.

I adjusted my position on the monitor chair. "Uhh, every day. All the time. Why?"

"No, I mean, he's been talking, like when nobody else is around." Henry explained.

I closed my laptop. "You mean talking to himself?"

"Yeah." Henry nodded. "Like, full on conversations with people who aren't there."

"Well, I live with it." I shook my head.

"Well my uncle Rosco talks to his food before he eats it." Charlotte chimed in.

"What's he say?" Henry turned to Charlotte.

"Stuff like, 'well, hello, hamburger. You're about to take a trip down to belly town'." Charlotte exclaimed.

"Is that a serious question?" My dad walked out into the main room of the Man Cave. "No, I can't go ride roller coasters with you because I have a job. And stop poking me!"

Henry, Charlotte, and I all stood next to each other, watching my dad walk around the room.

"Hey guys." My dad spotted us. "You find out any more info on that motorcycle thief?" My dad walked up to us then quickly turned to his side. "Will you not stand so close to me? I can feel you breathing on my neck! Thank you."

Henry, Charlotte, and I all had a confused look plastered on our faces.

"Why are you guys staring at me?" My dad asked.

"Uh.." Charlotte began.

"Because you're talking to nobody!" Henry shouted.

I turned to Henry and scoffed. "You're so stupid! You were supposed to be quiet—"

"It's got to be said!" Henry objected.

My dad chuckled. "Right, I haven't introduced you to Brad. Brad, this is Audrey, Henry, and Charlotte. Guys, this is invisible Brad." My dad pointed next to him.

"Hiii, Brad." Charlotte waved awkwardly.

"Looking good, Brad." Henry pointed to nothing.

"Brad, say hi." My dad told Brad.

There was silence.

"Brad?" My dad called then felt around him. "Ugh. Come on, Brad! Hate it when he does this. Brad? Brad? Where are you!" My dad continued to look around the Man Cave.

"Come on, this isn't funny anymore, man!" My dad complained. "Brad!"

"This is so sad." I shook my head.

"He's not okay." Henry agreed.

"Hah! Gotcha!" My dad shouted and then threw his arms, with the desk of stuff falling onto the ground.

"Come here!" My dad grabbed something. "Now, say hello to these kids."

"Hey, guys." A man voice said. "I'm Brad."