Danger & Thunder: Part 2

Audrey's POV

I was sitting quietly at the end of the table, picking at my food. Everyone was chatting about their newest evil plan.

Captain Man looked at us and then said, "Guys, keep smiling so Charlotte and Schwoz can see what we're seeing back in the Man Cave."

Phoebe smiled a bit more brightly. "Okay, but that stupid Jeff guy thinks I'm smiling at him."

"What?" I looked over at Jeff who was on the other side of the table. He was smiling at Phoebe and eating chips. Weirdo.

"Just keep smiling and being Canadian." Captain Man commented, taking a bite of his pork.

Van Del turned to The Toddler. "So, Toddler, how are you not dead?"

Everyone perked up and looked at The Toddler, eager to hear the story.

Dr. Minyak joined in. "Yes, we all heard that the last time battled Captain Man, he, Kid Danger and Quick Shot dropped you into your bottomless pit of balls."

"All right. I'll tell you what happened." He turned to Max. "Max, would you like to hold my milk?"

He took the milk slowly, regretting his decision. "Yes. I was hoping you'd ask."

"It was awful." The Toddler began, telling his amazing story that everyone was so curious about. "I was blasted hundreds of feet down, deep into the Earth, covered in plastic balls." He made this very dramatic.

I cleared my throat and all the attention was on me. I looked around, awkwardly before asking something to get the attention off me, "So, how'd you dig yourself out, eh?"

"I had to use my bare hands." The Toddler replied so casually. "Scarping and clawing, inch by inch. And then finally, I arrived back up to the surface of the Earth." He looked up at the ceiling and the rest of the villains followed. I felt out of place so I copied them. "And now, it's Toddler time."

Jeff raised his hand and the Toddler told him to speak. "Are we having dessert... or what?"

"This meeting isn't about dessert! This is about us!" He climbed onto the table. "If we combine our powers, we can destroy Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot, and then nothing can stop us!" He jumped off the table and the villains cheered for him.

Captain Man stood up. "Or... or... uh, maybe we could all decide to be good, eh?"

Kid Danger stood up after him. "Right. Eh?"

It only felt appropriate for me to say something as well. "We can all become nice people, and never commit anymore crimes... eh?"

"And recycle, and be polite to our parents!" Phoebe exclaimed.

"It's a solid plan." Captain Man agreed.

"You know, I think she's on to something!" Kid Danger nodded and looked at all of the villains with their jaws dropped.

"All right! Max, tell 'em what to do." The Toddler ordered after a whiteboard was brought out.

"Okay, everyone. If you have any ideas on how to destroy Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot, please come join The Toddler by the dry erase board."

The Toddler watched everyone stand up and walk over to the board. "Let's go. Let's go."

Phoebe turned to us. "What do we do now?!"

"You go talk to your bother and figure out what he's doing here." Captain Man ordered and she nodded. "Kid and Shot, you come with me."

I followed Captain Man to the mob of villains who were giving ideas to The Toddler.