Balloons of Doom

Audrey's POV

I grin at the camera. Who would've thought that being a superhero had a price? And one of the prices was doing a photo shoot for the Swellview calendar. I mean, at least everyone will be able to see my beautiful face.

I'm joking.

I was in my superhero uniform. The theme we were doing right now was summer. I love summer, so this month we were taking pictures was my favorite.

Captain Man had a frisbee in his hand and a towel hanging off from his left shoulder. Kid Danger had a beach ball in his arms and had sunglasses on.

Meanwhile, I had a big red flower on my ear and I was carrying a sun hat. This was a lot of fun.

Charlotte was behind us, holding a surfboard, and don't worry, she covered her face as she marched in place.

I hopped onto Kid Danger's back and wrapped my legs around his torso and rested my arms on his shoulders. He grabbed onto my legs for support and smiled wide. I grinned in his neck before smiling at Schwoz.

"Amazing!" He compliments and lowers the camera a bit.

"Oh hey! Wave to the girls!" Captain Man chuckles and I slid off Kid Danger's back. "Hey girls!"

"Hey girls." Kid Danger repeats, a bit more unenthusiastic. I get it, he's bored.

"Come on, get into it!"

"What? I am!"

Captain Man makes more poses and Kid Danger scoffs at him.

"You're embarrassing me in front of girls that don't exist!" Kid Danger shouts and Captain Man looks at him. "Besides, I'm interested in someone else." He mumbled the last part but I managed to hear it perfectly fine.

I smile to myself and blush. I know me and Kid Danger aren't together, but I really hope it's soon. I've had the biggest crush on him since last year. It's crazy to think he likes me back. Well, I hope so.

"Are you kidding me!" Captain Man roars. "I swear if you're talking about Audrey we may have a problem—"

"Ah, come on!" Schwoz interrupts. "Show me some emotion! Give me some feels, baby!"

"Yeah, come on, guys! We're on the beach in Hawaii!" Captain Man points to the backdrop of a beach behind us.

"No, we're not!" Kid Danger argues and shakes his head. He looks down. "I feel dumb."

"Hey! Do you have any idea how many people wish that they were gonna be featured in the new Swellview calendar?"

"Well, go find them!" Charlotte retorts and drops the surfboard onto the ground. "I don't wanna do this!"

"Hey look, everybody, Charlotte's complaining—" Captain Man says and almost drops his frisbee. "— that's fresh."

I let out a small sigh as my eyes dart to the monitor when the alarm goes off. Aw man, the photo shoot is over. I can't lie, I actually enjoyed it.

"Hey... hotline call," I announce and begin to walk over to it with the others. I wonder would this emergency could be about.

"Yeah. Schwoz, Charlotte, get over there so you won't be seen." Captain Man points to the side and we all threw off our accessories and made the backdrop go up.

"This is Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot." Captain Man informs the person on the other line.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look over at Kid Danger. He taps his head and I feel my head. When I felt the flower, I immediately ripped it out of my hair.