The Space Rock

Audrey's POV

I watched as Gooch used his crane inside Junk-N-Stuff. Henry grabbed a plant and started to move to the other side of the room.

"No, no. Move all those things to the side." Gooch told Henry.

"All right, all right." Henry sighed and started moving the rolling desk to the side.

Charlotte came inside the store. "Hey, you guys."

"Hey." I grinned.

"You're late for work." Gooch noted.

"It's not my fault." Charlotte objected. "There was a line at The Corn Doggery."

"You got us corn dogs?" I jumped off of the counter and moved to Charlotte.

"Yeah, dude." Charlotte nodded.

"This is not a corn dog time." Gooch rolled his eyes. "Okay, give me a corn dog."

Charlotte handed Gooch a corn dog. I took a corn dog and bit into it while Henry grabbed a corn dog.

"Mmm, this is so good." I sat back onto the counter.

"I know." Henry agreed.

Charlotte looked around. "So, what is all of this?"

"That is a big rock." Henry pointed to the rock in the crane.

"From outer space." I added.

"No, I mean what's this crane for." Charlotte corrected.

"To move the rock." Henry took a bite out of his corn dog. "It weighs over 7,000 pounds."

"Wow." Charlotte said. "Can I borrow this crane to move my big Uncle Rosco? Because he's been on our cough since Christmas."

Gooch turned back to the crane controls and made the crane move. "Darn it, which one of these controls make the—" The rock fell from the crane and went down the floor.

Crashing could be heard and every crash we heard we all winced.

"You dropped the rock!" Henry pointed out.

"Wow, that thing is gonna fall all the way down the Man Cave." Charlotte sighed.

"Wait— my dad!" I got off of the counter and started to call my dad with my phone.

"Hey, I can't talk. I'm hula-sizing with Laylani." My dad told me.

"Dad, these a 7,000-pound space rock on its way down there!" I yelled.

"There's a what on its way down here?" My dad questioned.

The next thing I heard was a big crash and screaming.

"Dad!" I panicked.

"Ray? You there?" Henry chimed in.

"What happened?" Charlotte asked.

"I don't know." I responded. "Dad, a very heavy rock is about to crash through your ceiling!"

"Yeah, thanks for the heads up." My dad groaned.

I sighed and ended the call, taking another bite out of my corn dog.

- - - - - - - -

The next day I was standing on the couch looking around the Man Cave.

"Ray, what's wrong?" Henry asked as he and Charlotte walked in.

"Shh!" I shushed Henry.

"Shh!" Gooch shushed Henry.