Swellview's Got Talent

Audrey's POV

"In five, four, three, two..."

Right now I was with Captain Man and Kid Danger for Swellview's Got Talent. We got invited to be the judges and of course, we couldn't decline the offer. Even though I was trying to have fun, I was still tired.

Last night was horrible. I was up until 2 am and when I finally fell asleep, I had another nightmare. I was laying there with blood coming out of my stomach and Kid Danger holding me. It's always the same dream now.

At this point, I have to hide the dark circles under my eyes with concealer. I never used to wear makeup, but I guess I do now. I don't want to be a bother to my dad and Henry. We already are having enough problems with saving Swellview, I don't want to be a burden. Besides, these nightmares will go away soon, right?

Danny Chest walks out onto the stage and the crowd applauds and cheers for him. He holds a microphone. "Good evening, and welcome to..."

"Swellview's Got Talent!" The crowd yells in synch. It was so cool to be a judge for Swellview's Got Talent. Maybe someone will get the golden buzzer!

"I'm Danny Chest."

"We love you Danny Chest!" A woman shouts from the crowd and other people clap. I look over at Captain Man and Kid Danger who didn't seem amused. Get used to it, boys, you're not always going to be the center of attention.

Captain Man turns to the woman next to us, who was also a judge, and whispers, "I get the same thing all the time."

"All right ladies, try to control yourselves." Danny laughs and I let out a smile. He should be a comedian. "Now, let's take a minute to say hello to this week's celebrity judges! Starting with chair number one... everybody knows basketball's biggest superstar, LeBron James!" The crowd applauds. "So lets all welcome LeBron's childhood friend... Vanessa Harris!"

The spotlight turns onto Vanessa and the crowd was lightly applauding for her. How rude. But she didn't seem to care, she was continuing to wave.

She grabs a basketball and attempts to spin it on her finger, but she fails and it falls. I looked away to hide my secondhand embarrassment for her.

"And next... the superheroes filling judges' chairs numbers two, three, and four are no strangers to anyone here in Swellview. Now give it up for Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot!" Danny introduces and the spotlight lands on us. The applause is bigger than Vanessa's so I did feel a bit bad.

"Hi, Danny Chest." Kid Danger smiles into his microphone.

"Hey, Danny." I sweetly greet. I want to make a good first impression.

"Chest." Captain Man finishes for me and I look at him for a second before turning my attention back to Danny. For some reason, the crowd laughed and I felt a smile form on my face.

"All right then. Since we're nearing the end of this competition, do you guys think that any of the performers this week can beat our current front-runner?" Danny asks us and I think on this for a moment.

"Ooh, man, that's a tough one." Kid Danger replies and tapped his fingers on the desk. I take a sip of my drink.

"That's hard to say." I look down at my hands. This runner-up has a streak, so, maybe there will be someone who beats him.

"That's a hard one." Captain Man mentions and Kid Danger began to talk again.

"Um, if I had to say, I'd say no. 'Cuz I could say yes, but the truth really is no."

"I disagree," I finally comment. "Anything is possible, and his act is getting boring, anyway."

Captain Man and Kid Danger both look at me since I'm sitting in the middle.