The Bucket Trap

Audrey's POV

I came down the tube with Kid Danger and Captain Man. I let go of Henry's waist and stopped laughing when I saw Charlotte waiting for us.

"Hey. How did it go?" Charlotte approached us.

"Oh, man, it was insane." Captain Man laughed.

"It was nuts." Kid Danger added.

"Crazy." I laughed.

"Well, tell me. What happened?" Charlotte asked.

"Okay. The news helicopter was flying around over Swellview, just going in circles." Captain Man began.

"Because the helicopter pilot fell asleep at the controls." Kid Danger added.

"And did you guys figure out a way to wake him up?" Charlotte questioned.

"No." I replied. "We just watched the helicopter fly around in circles."

"Until it ran out of gas and fell right down into the Jandy River." Kid Danger shrugged.

"And you guys didn't do anything?" Charlotte scoffed.

"I got a video of it going down." I waved my phone.

"What about the pilot? Was he hurt?" Charlotte asked.

"No. Just wet." Kid Danger shook his head.

Captain Man chuckled as he sat on the monitor chair. "So very wet."

Kid Danger's phone goes off. Kid Danger grabbed his phone and looked at it. "Ugh. Another text from Jasper. That's 11 texts in the last hour."

"I got nine." Charlotte showed her phone.

"I got ten." I sighed and sat down next to Kid Danger on the couch.

"Man, what's up with that Jasper kid?" Captain Man stood up. "Doesn't he have any other friends?"

"Well, yeah, but not the kind you'd be— you know— proud of." Charlotte explained.

"We're his best friends." I told Captain Man.

"But now because Charlotte and I work for you, we end up having to leave him alone all the time." Kid Danger responded.

"I feel really bad for him." Charlotte frowned.

Captain Man frowned. "Yeah.. you guys hungry?" Captain Man immediately smiled. "Who wants Greek food?" Captain Man held his hand up in the air.

"Ray, we just told you about a real problem we have with our friend." Kid Danger remarked.

"And all you can say is 'who wants Greek food'?" Charlotte scoffed.

Captain Man raised his hand higher up.

I looked over at Kid Danger who was licking his lips and nodding.

- - - - - - -

After we ordered the Greek food and got into our original outfits, we started to eat our Greek food at the couch in the Man Cave.

"Mmmm." We all said, enjoying our food.

"Man, I love these jye-rose. That's how you say it, you know, jye-rose." My dad stated. "You try."

"Jye-rose." Henry, Charlotte, and I all spoke.

"Perfect." My dad took a sip of his soda.

"Hey, so back with our problem with Jasper." I mentioned.

My dad groaned and leaned back in his seat.

"Don't groan. He's our friend." Charlotte objected.