Space Invaders: Part 1

Audrey's POV

Today has already been chaos. Apparently, two astronauts have been held and captured in space which means we probably have to rescue them. Crazy, right?

Because of this, me and my dad were trying to get Schwoz down from the ceiling with a zapper because we needed to use his Love Shuttle to get to space. It was hard to get Schwoz down and my dad was getting a bit frustrated.

"Haha! You missed me!" Schwoz taunted my dad and he pulled the trigger again, only to miss.

"Come on, Schwooozzz!" My dad whines and steps closer. "You're going to have to come down there eventually."

"Leave me alone!" He cries out and I groan in frustration.

"Come on, Schwoz!" I scream out loud. "We need it, stop being selfish!"

"No! I'm saving it for marriage!"

I look at my dad and back at Schwoz. "Okay, we all know that's not going to happen."

The tube beeps and Henry comes down. He was wearing a Fred Lobster crewneck and I couldn't help but acknowledge how good it looked on him. "Hey." He greets us.

"Hi, Henry!" Schwoz exclaims from the ceiling.

He looks up at the tubes with a confused look. "Woah, what th-- why is Schwoz--" Henry steps back and dirt falls from the ceiling because my dad zapped it again.

"Ha! Missed me, missed me! You are very stupid!"

"Those are not the lyrics!" I shouted back. I yanked the zapper from my dad's hands and zap up at the ceiling.

"Ow, my shoe!" Schwoz cries out and a shoe falls from the ceiling. I hand my dad back the zapper and he rewards me with a small pat on my shoulder.

"Okay, what is going on?" Henry asks while making his way over to me.

"Schwoz won't give Ray the launch key to his little rocket ship," Charlotte explains and crossed her arms.

"Well, why won't he-- Schwoz has a rocket ship?"

"It's called the Love Shuttle!" Schwoz informs us all.

"Why did Schwoz build a Love Shuttle?"

"For his honeymoon," I reply and roll my eyes at my reply.

"Yeah, he says that when he gets married, he wants to have his honeymoon on the actual moon," Charlotte adds and I nod in agreement. See, she gets it.

"Don't be ridiculous, Schwoz!" My dad said coldly. "You're never getting married!" He aims the zapper at the ceiling and pulls the trigger.

"It could happen!" Schwoz argues. Can't he just give it up already? "There's women out there who'll take anybody!"

"Ugh!" I complain. "Give us that key, Schwoz! We're trying to save lives here!"

My dad begins to pull the trigger repeatedly and the Man Cave begins to turn into an actual cave with all of the dirt falling. Charlotte covers her head to prevent herself from getting hit while Henry grabbed me and moved me away.

My dad falls onto the couch and takes a deep breath. It was no secret that he could kill Schwoz right now if he didn't have a purpose.

"I think you might be overreacting," Charlotte tells him and looks down at the zapper. "May I?" Without an answer, she grabs the zapper and points it up at the ceiling.

"No no wait, Charlotte, don't--" Schwoz was cut off by screaming when he was hit with the zapper. I watch as his body collapses to the floor and I mentally thank Charlotte.