Space Invaders: Part 2

Audrey's POV

My eyes are focused on the little girl, her facial expression showing us that she is angered. How could a little girl capture astronauts? I look at Captain Man and Kid Danger before returning my gaze to the armed girl.

"Okay, little girl--" Captain Man slowly attempts to approach her, "who are you?"

"I'm--" She begins to speak but is quickly interrupted by Captain Man.

"How old are you?"

"I'm--"

"Why'd you hit us on the head?!"

"Let her answer!" Kid Danger hisses at him. At least the two of us are the smart ones.

"Well, I have a lot of questions!" Captain Man argues and turns back to her.

"Captain Man! Kid Danger! Quick Shot!" One of the astronauts shouts out. I can tell he was relieved to see us.

"Help us! Let us out!" The other one says and bangs on the glass.

The little girl spins around. "Be quiet, Dad!"

"Dad?" I question and look at the astronaut and back at the little girl.

"Hey! Don't you talk to me that way!" He argues with an angry tone. "I'm an astronaut! Let me and Neil out." Good. I know their names now. Jim, Kelsey's dad, and Neil, the other astronaut.

"You're gonna get it, you little brat!" Neil threatens.

"Yeah?" She smirks. "Who's got the piece?!" She holds up the blaster and I find myself rolling my eyes.

"Okay, what is the deal here?" Kid Danger asks, clearly annoyed.

"I'll tell ya the deal." Jim insists. "That's my daughter, Kelsey!"

"And she's not supposed to be here!" Neil cries out in frustration.

"Well, how'd you get on board?" I ask Kelsey. She didn't lower the blaster.

"I used my dad's I.D.," Kelsey replies, truthfully. She's pretty smart. "And then I sneaked on the supply rocket, hid in a storage container, and here I am."

Neil looks at her, curious. "And then she locked us in here while we sleep!"

Kelsey spins around again. "Yeah, and you're gonna stay in there!"

"I'll tell you what, young lady!" Jim begins. "When we get back to Earth, on the ground, you're gonna be so... so grounded." She makes a face and turns back around.

"Okay, I don't know what the hell is goin' on here, but, uh, kids, you let those astronauts outta their sleep... things." Captain Man orders and I nod in agreement.

Kid Danger picks up his blaster and we both make our way over to the astronauts. Kelsey stops us and screams, "Both of you, freeze!"

"Yeah, we don't freeze. I thaw." Kid Danger says and I rub my face in embarrassment.

"Okay, did you seriously have to say that?" I ask.

"What?"

I look at Kid Danger and back at the astronauts. It was obvious I was about to walk to the astronauts so Kelsey stands her ground.

"You move, I blast you." She declares and Kid Danger steps back. He drops his blaster and had a smirk plastered on his face.

I step to the side and say, "Good luck."

Kelsey pulls the trigger and aims it at him. Kid Danger moves to the slide and dodges the blast with his fast reflexes. Again and again, he dodged and it made Kelsey furious. Sometimes, it was satisfying to see people not getting what they want.