Mouth Candy

Audrey's POV

I placed my headphones on my head as Henry adjusted the wires for our podcast we were attempting to do in the Man Cave. My dad sat in front of the laptop, very excited to do this podcast.

"Test. Test one." My dad spoke into the microphone in front of him. "Puh. Puh puh. Puhhhhh—tato pants... pretty Polly wore purple potato pants to her Purim party in Pittsburgh." He spun to face me and Henry. "Henry, Audrey, how does that sound?"

I leaned toward my microphone. "Painful. Please p'stop."

"Okay," He shot me a glare. "Let's start the podcast."

"Alright, let's cast our pod." Henry agreed and straightened his posture.

"Yeah!" My dad exclaimed and tapped on his laptop, beginning to countdown. "In five, four, three, two... hellooo! And welcome toooo..."

"Deep in the Man Cave!" All three of us announced at the same time.

My dad pressed the button on the laptop and music started to softly play. He quickly turned it off and leaned back into his microphone. "Yesiree, this is the very first podcast starring your very own Captain Man..."

"Kid Dan—" Henry got interrupted by his phone going off. He looked down at his phone and sighed heavily. "Hold up, I got a text. Sorry."

"Dang it!" My dad shouted and yanked the wire for his headphones out of the soundboard and threw them across the room. Me and Henry sat there, shocked at what just happened.

My dad stood up and turned to us, his arms outstretched in annoyance.

"Look, this isn't live, we can just start again," I informed him which made him angrier.

"Okay. Why don't we just start World War Two again? Why don't we call Leonardo da Vinci, and say 'hey Leon, could you just build the Eiffel Tower again'?!?"

"Okaaay." Henry looked down at my dad's laptop and said, "Take two."

My dad walked over and sat back down and we started to set up the podcast again. Henry grabbed the box of headphones and handed my dad a pair.

He took the pair, depressingly, and tapped a button on the laptop. "In five, four, three, two... hello! And welcome toooo..."

"Deep in the Man Cave!" We said in synch, acting like the whole situation before this didn't happen. The music started to play and my dad jammed out to it silently before turning it off.

"Yes sirree, this is the very first podcast starring your very own Captain Man and..."

"Kid Danger."

"And Quick Shot," I said in the microphone and my dad nodded in approval.

"That's right. So, Henry and Audrey, a couple of fans have been asking if you guys are dating. Which, I hope not."

Henry and I both looked at each other with our eyes widened. It was partially the question but most of it was that my dad used our real names.

I took off my headphones. "You called us by our real names."

"Can't hear what you're saying." My dad replied and took off his headphones.

"You called us by our real names!" I repeated, a bit louder this time. "You gotta call us Kid Danger and Quick Shot."

Frustrated, my dad threw his headphones onto the floor and broke them, again. He shot up and walked by the couch.

Henry's jaw was on the floor. "Okay, that one wasn't my fault."