Tears Of the Jolly Beetle

Audrey's POV

I stood inside the Swellview City Hall with about 100+ people. I was standing there with my dad (Captain Man) and Henry (Kid Danger).

"And, luckily, Swellview has the best crime fighters of all. And so, my fellow Swellviewians, as vice mayor of this fine city, I present these medals of recognition for bravery and community service to our very own, Captain Man, Quick Shot, and Kid Danger." The vice mayor announced and everyone began to clap as we received our medals. "Oh, and please accept this coupon for one free medium frozen yogurt." He handed us a coupon.

"Wow." Captain Man said as we looked at the coupon. I love frozen yogurt so I hope we all get our own.

"Each?" Kid Danger questioned and looked over at the Vice Mayor.

"No, you'll have to split the yogurt." The Vice Mayor told us and I mentally groan.

Captain Man walked up to the front of the stage to the microphone. "Thank you, vice mayor. And thank you, citizens of Swellview. And we very much appreciate these medals and the yogurt, which we'll share." There was a awkward silence until he finally spoke. "Kid Danger, you're up."

Everyone started cheering once Kid Danger got up to the front of the stage and placed his speech card onto the podium where the microphone was.

"Even though I've only been working with Captain Man and Quick Shot for a short time, I really—" Kid Danger got interrupted with music. Everyone got up and started to leave.

"Wha— seriously? They're playing me off?" Kid Danger threw his arms up.

I giggled and walked to Kid Danger's side. "Sucks to suck."

"Will you shush?" Kid Danger rolled his eyes playfully.

"I think there was a time limit." I slowly say.

Kid Danger shrugged. We both decided to get our pictures done while Captain Man was obsessing over Mrs. Swellview. I'm disgusted.

"Hey, Quick Shot, our car's ready." Kid Danger told me and I nod.

"Great. Come on, Dad." I urged and started walking back on stage with Kid Danger.

"Wait, Captain Man! Captain Man!" I could hear Jasper yell from across the room. Oh great, what could he want? We turn around and look at Jasper.

Captain Man points to him. "Yes, you in the loose pants."

"Will you sign my Captain Man action figure?"

"Sure. Just bring it up here and I'd be glad to—" Before Captain Man could finish, Jasper threw the action figure at his face. The audience gasped and all turned to Captain Man to see if he was all right.

"It hit him in the mouth!" The vice mayor pointed out and the gasps continued.

"Sorry, Captain Man!" Jasper apologized with a worried look on his face.

Captain Man picked up the box. "No worries. I'm okay!" But he wasn't okay. Blood dripped down from his lip and then I knew, something was wrong.

I pulled Captain Man away from the crowd. "Dad..." I wiped the blood off of his lip and showed him the blood. "Blood."

"Why do you have a bloody thumb?" Captain Man asks.

"I don't. You have a bloody lip." I observed and showed him the blood on my glove again. "From that toy hitting you in the face."

"But— but that's impossible. I can't be injured, I'm Captain Man." He stuttered and looked at both me and Kid Danger.

"Well, Captain Man's lip is bleeding." Kid Danger chimes in, obviously worried as well.