Chapter 3

"Shuhua your phone keeps going off," Yuqi says, I move my eyes to Shuhua, she quickly grabs her phone out of Yuqis hand in a panic. That's suspicious.

"Why so edgy" Yuqi teases. I'm trying to focus on the song that soyeons just pitched us called oh my god. But their conversation distracts me.

"Yah! Leave me alone it's nothing"

"If it's nothing show me who messaged" Yuqi try's to take the phone out of shuhuas hand.

"Why are you being so nosy go away I'm trying to focus on my lines" Yuqi just playfully glares at her and looks at her paper.

Shuhua seemed so defensive when Yuqi asked her question. I look to where Shuhuas sitting and she's still texting while smiling.

"Shuhua who are you texting," I ask trying not to sound angry.

"Yeah, shuhua who are you texting" all the girls repeat giggling.

"Ugh, you guys are so annoying."

"Why won't you tell us" miyeon whines.

"Because it's nobody, just drop it alright"

I'm gripping my pen so hard it snaps. Everyone's attention on me.

I pretend I just zoned out expressing a boring look.

"Sorry, guys I'm on my period" they all nod in sympathy.

Soyeon starts talking once everyone's focused.

"Okay girls let's focus and I will explain the song"

"Um soyeon, this song sounds a little gay," Minnie says giggling. Soyeon just rolls her eyes.

"It's for the concept, I made it a girl because It represents defying society and its rules. I wanted to write about temptation and being free, so yes it is a little gay but it's not just about that it could mean anything. It's an empowering song that suits our group." We all nod our head in agreement, praising our leader for her incredible song and all the hard work she does.

"Soojin, I want you to play the temperance, your job is to seduce the girls into becoming demons. I thought you'd suit the role perfectly seeing as all the girls love you" I roll my eyes at her and she just laughs amused.

" me and Shuhua will play the angels you're trying to seduce, I'll explain this better tomorrow, it's getting late let's all go home we need sleep for the award shows tomorrow." We all clap excitedly about the event coming.

We get into the van all talking about tomorrow, shuhua hasn't said anything to distracted by her phone.

"Who are you messaging," I ask.

"Just Kino, me and him still talk" Kino, it's been a while since I heard about anyone from pentagon. The backlash of dating Hui was so bad, it was nothing serious we both didn't want commitment and we were really good friends so it came easy.

"You still talk to him"

"Yeah, just recently I ran into him at the convenience store near the company & ever since then just kept in contact. He's cute right?"

So is this why she wanted to practise.

"He's alright, but just warning you Don't get serious with him. Where idols and dating rumours are dangerous I should know" she looks at me and smiles sadly, I remember the long nights of me cuddled into her crying. The hate I got was so overwhelming and at the time we hadn't debut so I thought I ruined our group just for a stupid fling. But luckily things cooled down and we did and here we are.

"Don't worry unnie, it's nothing serious" I nod my head in response. If she does end up seeing him there's nothing I can do to stop her.

"By the way, you did well," I say leaning my head on her shoulder feeling tired.

"Really?"

"Yes really, I'm proud of you"

She wraps her arm around my neck pulling me closer.

..................

I'm currently walking to the restaurant that my parents asked to meet. I love my parents but they're very closed-minded about everything. They never wanted this life for me so for a while all we did was fight but once they saw how happy and good I was they learnt to accept it. But there's still a problem and that problem is Shuhua.

"Hello, my beautiful daughter," my father says hugging me.

My mother doesn't say anything but instead hugs me, we've always been like this tough love is all I've ever known from her but my dads the opposite.

"How have you been, you look so skinny do they not feed you there," my omma asked.

"Don't worry they feed us, we're just practising a lot so we lose weight easily" she just hums in response.

" well, we missed you," my dad says holding my hand. I smile genuinely.

"So how are your members" and there's the question I've been dreading, it always starts with a simple question like this then moves to her.

"Like always they're good" I don't want to drag the question on any more than necessary. When I was in school My parents caught me with a girl, I had to lie and say that we just wanted to know-how before we got a boyfriend. Ever since then they've watched me like a hawk and when I'm to close to girls they notice.

"We've been watching a lot of your videos, as usual Shuhua seems to always be in them," my mum says coldly.

"She's in my group I can't control who's seen and when and she's also my bestfriend."

" Bestfriend now?" She replies mockingly.

"We've been best friends for years now omma, I didn't come here to argue so if we're just going to talk about what your issue with me and her then I'm leaving."

"Okay girls let's just calm down."He looks at my mother who's fuming.

"What happened with that Hui boy, you two were so perfect together," my mother says with a smile. When she found out about me and him she was so happy you'd think she was the one dating him.

" we broke up a long time ago and I told you we weren't serious, why do you always bring him up"

"Can't I be happy when my daughter finds a decent man, you're surrounded by women all the time it was good to see a man around you for once" and there she goes again, I know she knows I like girls and she knows I know that. But no one has the guts to bring it up instead ignoring the obvious. To my omma, if we don't talk about it, must mean it's not true.

" darling your mothers just worried about you being lonely, she doesn't mean to sound that harsh"

"Why do you think that a mans going to make me happy? I'm already happy by myself, I love my job and my friends that's enough for me right now. If love comes it does but if not I'm okay with that, this is my life and I will live it how I want okay? "

My mum stays quiet while my dad smiles at me proudly.

"You're right dear, let's not talk about that and instead tell us how you've been"