Chapter 40

Soojins POV

I'm laying on the ground numb, still in my own head I don't have the heart to move. She's gone and I'm here again waiting. Blinding light comes through, I lift my head covering my eyes from the light, someones home and the car stops aburtly in front of me. I manage to lift my head but the headlights are too blinding to see who it is.

I hear foot steps crunching on the gravel, a pair of hands grasp my face tenderly and I look into the eyes of the girl I've loved for so long.

"Jennie" I breathe out through the cold.

"Soojin!"

...........

Jennies pov

I sobbed in the van as I left the house I'd grown to know as me and soojins, I look back and can't help the but feel the clench on my chest the further away I get from it.

"Where too" my manager says softly, looking at me worriedly through the rear view mirror. I bite the inside of my cheek hating the way I feel at this moment.

"take me to my mum" I say through the tears. he nods his head already knowing the way. i pull my self together for a moment to pull out my phone and dial my mums number. it rings and rings and finally she picks up.

"Jennie" she says tiredly.

"Omma" I say brokenly.

"baby what's wrong" she says instantly, tiredness gone from her voice. I take a deep breath, feeling so young now speaking to my mum heartbroken.

"Can I stay with you"

"Of course baby, but me and dad just left for Japan for business, were not home but you know how to get in" she says worriedly. I feel a little bad knowing she's not going to be there cause all I want right now is for her to hold me.

"Honey what's wrong, want me to come home. You know what I'm coming home, I'll be home soon don't worry darling"

"NO, Omma don't. I'm okay, just stay where you are."

"No Jennie I don-"

"Omma! please stay. I'm okay, we'll talk when you come back. I'm just gonna stay at home for a little, promise i'm okay so just have fun where you are. "

"Hmm, alright but you call me whenever okay me and dad will come home whenever you need okay darling" I smile softly hearing her worried voice.

"I know, I love you and I'll see you when you're back"

"Alright my baby, I'll see you when I get back. Stay safe" she says softly. My heart feels a little better talking to her.

" Thank you Omma, see you when you're back"

I hang up the phone and wait silently as my manager drops me off.

" Oppa can you bring my car around later" I say tiredly. He nods his head as I rest my head on a sleep the rest of the way home.

....................

I'm in my pyjamas, watching a depressing kdrama, the rain in the back ground fuelling the mood. I reach into the bag of chips and it's empty. I shake the bag in disbelief and horror.

"My c-chips" I say teary. The weather looks bad and I know we live a little far from the normal food delivery places so it will take to long. I get up sulking still and grab my mask while putting on an over sized hoody. I look out the window , I'll bring an umbrella too.

The drive to the convenience store was quiet, I'm to scared to turn on the radio incase I hear her voice and just that thought has me wailing like a baby. I finally arrive at the store, it's not packed since it's late which i'm thankful for, I run to the chip section and grab everything I can see, than the smell of ramen hits my nose and my stomach growls embarrassingly loud. A snack won't hurt, I grabbed the ramen and make it, finally feeling a little better. the delicious smell of the ramen makes me salivate, I wobble to the seat by the window and hurriedly sit and take the first bite and it's just as good as it always is. With a little smile on my face from the taste, I eat in peace.