Chapter 23

Shuhuas pov

"Unnie, do you like anyone" I say nervously, I know it's wrong but I need to know.

She looks at me so intensely I almost cower.

"Yes" she says confidently not breaking eye contact.

My eyes widen in shock. I can feel my heart race, nerves or something else I don't know.

"W-who?"

The rooms silent, the only thing that can be heard is the movie we put on but never watched.

"I think you already know"

Could it be.....No, maybe it's Miyeon? Or some guy, maybe even Lisa.

I look away blushing by the thought, fuck why am I reacting this way, is it because I'm upset with Soojin.

She sighs, grabbing my face gently to face her. She gives me a weak smile.

"Don't worry Shu, I won't try anything with you I've always known I never stood a chance" she whispers the last part making my heart ache feeling her sadness. Did I always just choose to be oblivious.

"I-I, Minnie f-for how long" I gulp my throat suddenly dry. She runs her hand through her hair looking stressed.

" a while" is all she replies.

My hands are sweating, I rub them nervously up and down my legs.

"Shu, p-please don't act different towards me, I just .. I never expected me to feel this way b-but it just happened. I cant lose you shu. please, p-please don't leave me." She wipes her eyes frantically wiping her tears. I'm smacked out of my daze and quickly pull her closer, engulfing her tightly. She hugs me back and ends up straddling me. I can hear her crying, making me feel even sadder knowing exactly how she feels.

"Minnie, I love you, nothing could ever make me leave you" I whisper rubbing her back gently. Nothing.

................

Soojins pov

"Soojin stay with me tonight"

She looks so vulnerable right now, I bite my cheek nervously. But I know what I have to say and all I want right now is to be with Shuhua, but instead im here out of guilt. But no matter what I still care for Jennie and never want to see her suffer so I came. But staying the night is just to far.

"I cant, I cant do this to Shuhua I've already put her through so much by just being here." I breath out, already thinking about the damage I've done.

Jennie flinches when I say her name, she quickly covers her reaction and smiles.

"I'm sorry for asking.... I got carried away but thank you again for just being here right now" she says quietly.

"I'll tell the driver to take you home now" my heart aches at the sight of her, but I do really just want to go home to Shuhua.

"I think that would be the best decision" she nods her head and moves to instruct the driver. I grab her arm to stop her.

"Can you drop me off to Minnie's apartment" she doesn't ask questions and gives the address.

We settle in a comfortable silence until we arrive.

"Where here" she says sadly.
I get up to move opening the door, I hesitate and close it now facing Jennie. She looks surprised.

"Jennie, promise me that you'll look after yourself. I know I don't have the right but I hate seeing you like this." She nods her head, I slowly move to her and wrap my arms around her, she responds instantly hands around my waist.

"Move on from me Jennie, I forgive you" I whisper, her body stiffens at my words but she doesn't let go. I let her hug me tight, I think we both know this is the end. This is our closure, not just hers but my own, I'm letting go of the hate and grudges I held onto. I realised holding onto it for so long only hurt me and by the looks of it her too. My eyes tear up and a smile appears on my face feeling like a burden has been lifted. She's still quiet and clutching me tightly but I have to let go for both of us.

I pull away and her face is down. I lift her chin gently, she's crying but like me she's smiling. We look crazy really but to us it's perfect.

"Thank you soojin, for even letting me explain myself" I move a piece of hair behind her ear and look at Jennie properly for the last time.

"I loved you Jennie, thank you for that gift. I hope you find it again" I reply genuinely. I kiss her cheek lingering for a little the taste of tears on my lips.

"Bye Jennie" I say one last time before opening the door and getting out.

"I love you Soojin" she says it quietly but I still hear it.

The door closes and she's gone. For good this time.

.............

I breath out nervously hovering around the door. Should I just go in, knock maybe.

I decided to knock quietly, still no reply so I knock again this time louder.

I put my ear to the door just to make sure there's no one in the lounge. I know if they're in Minnies room they can't hear the door. I sigh. I'll just go in I know the code anyway.

I open the door and it's pitch black, the door to Minnie's room is opened slightly the light from the Tv coming out. They must be in there, I walk slowly and quietly not wanting to wake up soyeon & Yuqi. My hearts racing I'm scared of how Shuhuas going to react considering she hasn't replied to any of my messages.

I hear muffled noises as I get closer. I stay outside her door for a little bit just to calm myself.

"Can I ask you something" I hear Minnie say. I furrow my brows intrigued.

"Sure" shuhua reply's, just by her voice I can tell she's been crying. I close my eyes and try to hold my own tears hearing how hurt she is.

"The night when i took you home from the party. Do you remember what happened"

Silence

"Yes"

"W-When you kissed me that day, was it because you were upset with Soojin.... Or was it something else" Minnie says quietly I almost couldn't hear but I did. My hearts starts racing, they kissed that night. I clutch my jacket trying to keep myself together.

"Minnie" she says lowly, I'm waiting in anticipation.

"Shu please just tell me, it's okay if that's why I won't hold it against you"

"I love Soojin, but I won't lie and say I didn't feel.... Anything" I couldn't listen anymore, I leave making sure I'm not heard tears rolling down my face. Once I'm out of the apartment building I collapse on the group uncontrollably tears fall. I don't care if I'm outside and look insane my heart is breaking all over again. A couple minutes pass and I know I can't stay here any longer.

Who do I call.

......................

Hello nevies, I just want to say I love all the idols in real life and don't see them badly in anyway.

Also my heart is broken by the news of Soojin and hope that something happens where she either signs with a new company or gets back in the group 😭. Shes the reason I got into kpop and I just hope she comes back however that may be and when she's ready. 💕💕💕