Chapter Twenty-One

A.N.- Hey uhh, author here, sorry for not uploading for a couple of months there. I'm not dead, just caught up in school work, my art, and life in general. I won't be uploading so much because of school but I'll try to as often as possible. So here's chapter twenty-one, and I'll upload the next chapter in just a few minutes.

Before class started, everyone was discussing how we were on the news yesterday, and how we had become a pretty big deal overnight. Some of us were having our own conversations, but most of it related to the USJ attack.

"Hey, you're Todomura, right?" A girl with short purple hair came up to me.

"Yeah, need anything?"

"Are you alright after the attack? Kaminari told me you had been messed up pretty bad." She looked at me with concern, but an overall nonexpressive look.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine now, thanks for asking."

"The name's Jirou." She fiddled with her ears, which appeared to be headphone jacks.

"Nice to meet you." I glanced over to Denki. "It's good to know my friend were worried enough to talk to others about me." I chuckeld quietly as I turned back to Jirou. "But I knew they were worried due to the onslaught of text messages I got."

She laughed and turned, getting ready to walk away, "I should get back to my seat, you seem pretty chill. See ya."

I flicked a lazy peace sign wave, "See ya." New friend? Hopefully.

"Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin!" Tenya came speedwalking through the door, nearly shouting. "Everyone stop talking and take your seats!" He stood behind the podium where Aizawa would normally be.

Kirishima spoke up, "We're already sitting dude."

Then Sero added to Kiri's point, "Yeah, you're the only one standing."

I couldn't help but chuckle as he took his seat in front of me.

Mina turned to Tsu and I, "So who do you thinks gonna teach class today?" Her chair tilted back and Tsu had to catch her.

"No clue." I responded.

"I don't know either, and Mr. Aizawa's still in the hospital recovering from his injuries."

Mina tilted her chair back to a position where all four legs are touching the ground. "I hope he's okay."

The door opened, and Mr. Aizawa appeared with his arms in slings and his face completely wrapped in bandages. "Good morning, class." His voice is muffled but it's clear enough to tell what he's saying.

Multiple students started asking about why he was here, which is a good question. With the condition he was in, he should still be in the hospital.

Tenya was the first to speak up, "Mr. Aizawa, I'm goad you're okay." Okay? He looks way worse than okay.

Mr. Aizawa made his way up to the podium, "My well being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet." Fight? Is he talking about the USJ incident?

"The U.A. Sports Festival is about to start."

"Yes!" Kiri exclaimed. I was scared it was going to be about more villains. But thank goodness it's just the sports festival. "Let's go kick some ass!" Kiri seems extremely excited about this.

"Is is really a good idea to hold the Sports festival after the villa in a snuck inside?" Jirou questioned. She's got a point, and I should know how bad it was. If it weren't for Todoroki, Katsuki, and Recovery Girl, I would still be in the hospital, or possibly dead.

Aizawa tiredly sighed, "Apparently the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat had been handled and our school is safer than ever." I guess that makes sense. "Plus, the security will be beefier than it's been in past years." That's fairly reassuring. "This event is a huge opportunity for all students at U.A. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains."

From the far side of the room Mineta blurted out, "I'm sorry but why not. It's just a sports festival."

The class went on to explain how important the festival is. It's a chance to get scouted by pros and show off your skills. Aizawa continued to explain how this year will work. Between all the chatter I heard Jirou insult Denki. I definitely want to be friends with her now, she has sass.

Soon class was dismissed and we could talk among ourselves. Tsu, Mina, and I talked for the time being, discussing what the games might be this year and how we can show the versatility of our quirks.

Uraraka came around to pump everyone up, but her personality seemed to change from her usual bubbliness.

"What happened? You're normally like, the most laidback girl ever." Mina pointed out.

Mineta started to say PMS, but before he could finish his sentence Tsu bitch slapped him with her tongue. As much as I dislike him, I have to agree with him on this. It seems like the most likely option. Speaking of which, I should probably start preparing for my period, it should be coming in the next few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiri, Mina, Denki, Sero, Katsuki and I sat at a table together during lunch. It had taken Katsuki a little bit of convincing, but I got him to sit with us and join our group chat.

"Hey, can I sit with you guys?" Jirou asked.

I shoved Katsuki a little bit and got him to move over so I could make room for her, "Of course! Sit down!"

"Thanks." She sat on my left, right across from Denki.

"As I was saying, I talked to my grandfather and he said that after the sports festival we can go to his cabin in the woods for a weekend! It's about an hour and a half away and my dad can provide transportation." Mina excitedly spoke.

"Yo! That sounds dope!" Denki said, "Are we gonna watch spoopy movies and eat popcorn?"

"That's definitely a possibility!" Mina stuffed her mouth with rice then spoke again once she had swallowed her food. "Theres a large living room with two couches and five recliners, and upstairs there are four bunk beds!"

"Thats pretty awesome! I'm super excited!" Sero said.

"Oh, Jirou, right?" Mina asked.

"Yep."

"You can totally come too! The more the merrier!"

"Oh uh, are you sure? I only just met you guys."

I butted into the conversation, "Nonsense, besides, we can become closer friends by that point. And as you said to me earlier, you seem pretty chill."

"Thanks!"