Chapter Seventy-six

⚠️WARNING⚠️ THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF A DEAD BODY

Since the only medical attention Izuku needed was a few bandages, he was immediately taken by the police to help with questioning Hisashi.

The rest of us were more severe than that, so we were roughly patched up and taken to the hospital in ambulances. Shoto in one—since he needed a stretcher— and Katsuki, Ochako, and I in the other. Mr. Aizawa joined us and Present Mic went with Shoto. The rest of the pros and Hitoshi stayed at the parking garage for now.

"I'm making phone calls to your parents now." Mr. Aizawa said. "I'm also going to call Tenya and have him inform the class I won't be coming back to the dorms tonight."

We all just nodded. We didn't verbally respond. Katsuki's leg is bouncing up and down, Ochako's head is between her knees, and I'm biting my thumbnail. I think all of us are going through the same thing. The magnitude of what happened is just now sinking in.

Oh god. The death. I think I was too panicked to take in the detail then but... now all I can see is the detail.

The one villain. A piece of rebar was straight through their cheek. Their tongue hung out of their mouth, dripping with blood. A chunk of concrete had crushed the back of their skull. I could see fractures parts of their skull breaking through the skin. I feel so sick. I covered my mouth with my hand, I feel as if I may throw up. There's more... I remember their eyes bulged out of their sockets. There was blood dripping from there too... no, they were tears.

Oh god. They were crying.  Most of them... they probably have families that are worried about them.

...family...

Mine don't even know what happened yet. Katsuki talking to his family on Mr. Aizawa's phone. I can't hear anything they're saying. No, I can. But the words, I can't process them. It's just noise.

I patted my pockets, I need to talk to my dad, to mom, to my siblings. Where is it!?! That's right... I left it in my dorm. It was nearly dead. Why is everything coming back to death? I hate it.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. This world is a fucking disaster. Our classes efforts to improve the hero commission and hero society has barely done anything. Some other classes have joined our cause, along with a few pros, and some civilians. It's not enough. It's never going to be enough. I want to rip out my hair. I want to scream. I wish it would all just go away. Maybe the world would be better off if quirks never existed. I want to forget it. Forget everything. Everything bad that's ever happened.

But... that wouldn't be fair to everyone else. I only exist because of the bad things. I only have multiple siblings because of the bad things. Shoto, Touya, Fuyumi, and Natsuo only got away because of the bad things. Katsuki and I are only together because of the bad things. I could list a million things.

"Keiko," Mr. Aizawa placed a hand on my knee, "I have your family on the phone." He handed his phone to me.

I sniffed, "Hello?"

"Keiko!" It's my dad. "He told me what happened, are you injured? How bad is it?" He's practically shouting.

"Dad... I'm okay. Just a some cuts and bruises, shouldn't be anything worse than that."

"That's a relief. But what about-"

"What about Shoto!" Mom cried through the phone.

"I found him under the rubble. He..." I choked up, "He... was unconscious, but he wasn't crushed under it. He'll be fine... other than that he's the same as me."

"Thank god..." Mom's voice sounds hoarse.

"Didn't Mr. Aizawa already tell you everything?"

My dad responded, "Yes... but we wanted to hear from you. We wanted to make sure you were okay. And let you know we're all meeting you at the hospital soon."

"Do you know about Himiko?"

"Yes. Mr. Jirou contacted us not long after you took her to his house." He said. "They took her to the hospital earlier, and we're meeting them to get her."

"Thats good." I spoke with a dry throat. All that crying, it makes me feel like I can't keep talking for long. "I should go... Mr. Aizawa still has some calls to make."

"Okay kiddo. We love you."

"... I love you too." I hung up and handed the phone back to Mr. Aizawa. Why did I hesitate to respond? Maybe I'm just tired. That's probably it.

The noise outside of my head seems nearly nonexistent. At the same time the noise in my head is so loud that it's suffocating itself. There's too much. Too much noise. To many things. I just want it to go away. Maybe... maybe I'll take a nap. That'll help, right?

I'll just lean back and close my eyes for a bit. Maybe... when I wake up this will all just be a bad dream. Who am I kidding? That was all too real for it to be a dream.

A.N. - Have I not uploaded in a hot minute? Am I not posting on Monday like I usually do? Yes to both. BUT to be fair I went on two different week-long vacations (hurray for divorced parents) and the wifi at the hotels kinda sucked