Chapter Forty-eight

A.N.- I got out of school early today because the area started to flood and I'm glad they did because now the creek across from my house has  gone up two or three feet and the water on the roads goes past my ankle 😃

Anyway, I had extra time today because of that so here's a new chapter a few days early.

"Keiko. Keiko, wake up."

"Huh, what?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. "What time is it?"

"Its about 8:30." By this time Aunt Inko would've left for work. Izuku stood up off the couch and stretched his arms. "You fell asleep on me last night while we watched The Conjuring, and I didn't notice until the movie was over and didn't want to wake you."

"Really?" The thing is, this has happened about a million times before, we watch a movie, usually horror or action, I end up falling asleep on the couch,  and he's afraid to wake me up or move me. "Sorry about that, we should know by now that watching movies late at night results in me falling asleep.

"No, it's alright, I just don't understand how you can fall asleep watching stuff like that." He made his way over to the kitchen, "You want waffles for breakfast?"

"Yeah sure, that sounds good." I got up off the couch, "You do realize you're probably strong enough to just pick me up, right?"

He was getting out ingredients to make waffles while speaking, "Well, we haven't had a sleepover since before school, and before my quirk manifested, so I guess I kinda forgot." I grabbed a mixing bowl for him and placed it on the counter. "Thanks. But either way, I was kinda tired at that point too."

I started helping him get ingredients out, "Alright I'll give you that one. And it's not like I care, I mean we have been best friends since kindergarten. I was just curious."

"I didn't expect you to care, especially since this happens a lot. You can sit down while I finish making breakfast."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, it's fine!"

Once he finished making it, we sat down to eat and talked, just talked like friends do. We haven't hung out like this in a while, and I kinda missed it. Once we finished eating we washed and dried our dishes and put them away.

"Oh, I was gonna give you something last night." Izuku said. "Stay here, I'll go get it." I sat at the table and waited for him to get back. "Found it!" He hollered from his room, speed walking out to me.

"Okay, so before I show you, I need you to go get the ring your mom gave you."

"My ring? Why?"

"Just trust me, you did bring it right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it's in my bag. I'll be right back." I shadow traveled to the guest room just to save time, what the hell could Izuku have that he needs my ring for? I carefully grabbed my ring on its chain and traveled back to my seat. "Here it is." I handed it to him, he's my best friend, and since we've known each other for so long he knows now much it means to me. There's no way he would break or lose it.

"So, at this point you've had the ring for about six years, right?" I nodded my head in response. "Tada!" He placed a box on the table, "It's a jewelry restoration kit! I noticed the last few times you've worn it, it's not as shiny as it used to be, so I decided to watch a bunch of videos on how to use this!"

I looked at my ring, it really has gotten duller. Maybe I didn't notice because I've just been focused on keeping it close to me.

"Also, I got you a new chain for it!" He pulled a brand new shiny chain out of his pocket, then set it on the table. "Do you like it?"

I stood up and went to hug him. I hugged him tightly, him hugging back. It would be as if it were brand new, and I would hate to think if it got so dull it couldn't be restored. "Thank you so much Izuku." I cried into his shoulder. "Thank you."