Chapter Twenty-four

"It looks like 1-A is going full-on fanservice!"

I swear I'm going to kill Mineta and Denki. Somehow I managed to avoid changing into a cheerleading uniform. It's probably because my elbow started hurting more and more during lunch. I ended up going to Recovery Girl, and found out I sprained my elbow.

    I most likely didn't notice the ache until lunch because of all the adrenaline from everything else going on. But of course, as soon as I got back, I see the rest of the girls in cheerleading uniforms and Denki and Mineta congratulating themselves for convincing them to wear those outfits.

    "It's too bad we couldn't get Todomura to dress up too, those hips of hers are so beautiful." Mineta commented, he probably doesn't realize I'm right here.

    "Dude! Be careful about her, don't you know who her boyfriend is?" Denki muttered after that, "And you shouldn't be objectifying the girls." Oh? How will this end?

    "She's dating someone?"

    "Let's just say you don't want to mess with him." Denki sighed, looking at the girls who seemed absolutely defeated. "And I do feel pretty bad about this whole thing, it's really not okay." Okay then Denki, you're off my kill list. For now.

    "But whyyy, they're so se-"

    I smacked him with a shadow hand, "Because he's a good person who feels remorse for his actions. Now shut up, creepazoid."

    "Denki! She's so mean! Tell her to shut up!" Denki and I just rolled our eyes at him.

    "Anyway, I'm heading back up to the stands, wanna join?"

    "I guess so. Plus we can meet up with the gang and discuss details for this weekend." Denki seemed to ignore Mineta, which is pretty funny.

    Once we were a fair distance away I questioned him, "Why are you friends with him anyway?"

    "Felt bad I guess, I'm going to try and not get involved with his schemes, or if I do I'm going to try and decrease the severity of them. I mean yeah, the girls in our class are pretty and all, but I'm not going to stare up anyone's skirt."

    "Well, that's good."

    "Yeah, by the way, how's your elbow feeling?" He pointed at my elbow as we walked up the stairs.

    I stretched it out and bent it repeatedly to show it was working, "It's feeling great! Recovery Girl fixed it up perfectly."

    "That's good to know, wouldn't want you to not be able to participate!"

    I laughed as we reached the rest of our class, "Please, I'm too stubborn to let that happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    It looks like we have to draw lots to figure out who we go up against in the final event. At least it's random because if it weren't they might try and pair us up with people who have an advantage over us. So hurray for no favoritism.

    "Excuse me ma'am, " Ojiro's hand shot up, "but I'm withdrawing." Wait what? He could have done really well. Everyone started telling him he could go so far, and even get scouted. But he didn't budge on his decision. "It just doesn't feel right, I barely remember anything from the calvary battle until the very end of it." This must be because of Shinsou. Damn, I feel bad for not having him let go of his control over Ojiro and the other guy. I think his name is Nirengeki Shoda.

    Speaking of Shoda, he decided to withdraw for the exact same reason. Then Kiri was talking about how manly it is, typical of him. I couldn't help but give a quiet chuckle at his talk of manliness.

    Since they withdrew, Midnight turned towards the fifth-place team to take their places, but they refused. They said they were frozen most of the time and that team Tetsutetsu should go on instead. Now that I think of it, they were pretty actively working towards their goal of winning, so it makes sense for them to go on.

    Finally, we got to know who we get to go against. Izuku is going against Shinsou, so as long as he doesn't get brainwashed, he'll be okay. I have a feeling Ojiro might try and help him not lose that battle by talking to him.

    The match after that is Todoroki and Hanta. As much as I'll be cheering for Hanta, it's very likely Todoroki will win.

    The third match is Denki against a girl with hair that looks like vines. From what I saw in the calvary battle, she might win if she uses her quirk right. The fourth match is Tenya against a girl with pink hair. I couldn't say who would win, since I don't know her quirk or skills.

    Fifth is me against Mina, then Yaoyorozu against Tokoyami, and Kirishima against Tetsutetsu. These all are tough to call since none of the quirks directly cancel each other out. But luckily for me, I don't easily take damage while in shadow form. Unless I overuse it and get stuck in the shadows. But I still have plenty of energy left.

    The last match is Ochako versus Katsuki. Unless she can use any form of debris, or she touches him, she can't possibly win. And if Katsuki goes against me, then he might be able to use his explosions to change the pattern in shadows so much that I couldn't possibly win. And if he goes against Tokoyami and if his quirk like mine, then he couldn't win either.

    Well, I guess the only way to find out is to fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Once the recreational games were over, the finals began. As Shinsou walked up to the middle of the stadium, a large screen showed their names and a picture of them. Poor Izuku's picture looks like he's being held at gunpoint.

    It looks like Shinsou is talking to Izuku, trying to control him. I know that Ojiro warned him, but if Shinsou can say the right things, he could definitely get him to talk.

    Ojiro and I seemed the most worried about the situation since we know what his quirk is. Suddenly Izuku tensed up and started running forward, and his face contorted into a scowl.

    He spoke up, "Don't you talk about Ojiro that way, you hear me!" Damnit Izuku! You shouldn't have spoken.

    Even from here, I can see a smirk on Shinsous face as Izuku stopped in his tracks, and his face as blank as printer paper. Ojiro let up and screamed, "I warned him not to say anything!"

    My grip tightened, with my hands resting on my thighs. Katsuki noticed this and arched his eyebrow in question. This isn't good.

    I whispered so that only Katsuki could hear, "Shinsou has Izuku under his control."

    "What'd you say?" He did hear me? Odd. I turned to him to repeat what I said. It's not like I'm going to throw a hissy fit or cry if Izuku loses. But it's frustrating to watch when he knows that he shouldn't talk.

    "I said." I took a deep breath to calm down, I shouldn't be stressing so much over this. "He has him under his control."