Chapter Thirty-Five

It wasn't long before ice and shadow ice was everywhere, we kept having to go backwards more and more. If we turned our backs on the villain he could severely injure us.

    Thud! Thud!

    "The hell was that?!?" Katsuki yelled, we looked in the direction the noise to see trees falling in the distance.

    "I see ice! They're over there!" A panicked Shoji came running from the trees with Izuku on his back.

    "Bakugou! Todoroki! One of you! Give us some light!" Shoji yelled, not explaining what was going on.

    It only took a second for us to realize what had happened, Tokoyami was close behind them with Dark Shadow rampaging, destroying everything in his path. The villain's attention shifted and tried to attack them, with Dark Shadow easily breaking his teeth. We couldn't help but stand in shock, Tokoyami was trying to fight Dark Shadow, but it wasn't working.

    Shoji shouted again, "We need some light now! He's out of control!"

    Shoto placed the Class B boy on the ground, "He's attacking blindly, I'll use my fire."

    "Not so fast." Katsuki held his hand in front of him, pointing in front of us.

    The villain had become even more irritated, shouting about how Dark Shadow was stealing his victims from him. But he wasn't even a close match for Dark Shadow, as he broke more of his teeth and pummeled him in seconds.

    Once the villain was out of sight I covered us from the explosions and flames that Katsuki and Shoto used, life would be even more difficult right now if any of us got burned. Tokoyami fell to the ground, panting.

    "Once again I'm a terrible match for you, bird boy." Normally I would tell Katsuki to not be so cocky, but this really isn't the best time.

    "Thanks. You saved me."

    Shoto gave a small nod and looked at the knocked-out villain, "We could barely defend against that guy, but you beat him instantly."

    Tokoyami apologized for the outrage from himself and Dark Shadow, Shoji comforting him and getting us back on track.

    Izuku peered from behind Shoji's shoulder, "I don't know if you heard Mandalay, but I found out that the villains are after Kacchan and Keiko."

    "Bakugou and Todomura? Are they trying to kill them?" Tokoyami said as he got off the ground.

    "I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to recruit Katsuki. Especially if they saw the sports festival. Speaking from personal experience, there have been times where I thought of him as a villain." Izuku gave me a knowing look, he was there the day Katsuki told us to kill ourselves, but things have gotten better.

    "I'm not sure why they would want you though. But I think we should get back to camp." Izuku grunted in pain. "It's the safest place now, so long as Vlad King and Mr. Aizawa have regrouped there."

    "I understand, " Tokoyami nodded, "So our mission is to get Bakugou and Todomura back to safety by serving as their protectors."

    "Yes, and its possible the Pussycats are still fighting in the clearing. Going that way would draw the attention of the villains. Plus it's longer. We should cut straight across."

    "But we don't know how many enemies there are, we might come across some by chance."

    I volunteered a solution for that possible problem, "I could travel up ahead and check further up the trail, and Shoji could use his search ability."