Chapter Eighty-nine

A.N. - GUYS I LEGIT THOUGHT I POSTED THE LAST CHAPTER IM SO SORRY. Anyway HERE IT IS I APOLOGIZE FOR MAKING YALL WAIT SO LONG

Three days after his last surgery. From what we've heard he's been healing amazingly. It's Saturday now, and he's finally allowed to have visitors other than family. But due to him still recovering, he's only allowed to have two visitors at a time.

Our class has sort of paired ourselves off, some of us are going today, and the rest tomorrow and the next day. According to his parents, Kiri asked to see Katsuki and I first. So here we are, getting into the elevator to see him for the first time awake in a while. Sure, he's been occasionally texting us when he has the energy and sent us two or three selfies, but we finally get to see him in person. We get to see for ourselves that he's okay.

"Are you ready?" I asked Katsuki while searching for the button to floor five. The numbers were faded, and the lighting are it a bit more difficult to see.

His hand tightened its grip in mine. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm ready." He looked at me, "Are you?"

"I better be, or we just wasted a trip to the hospital." I said in jest as the elevator door opened. The smell of antiseptics flooded my nose, along with an almost lemony scent. I shuddered.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... the smell just hit me like a truck. That's all."

He nodded as we stepped from the elevator, "It's definitely stronger compared to the elevators scent."

We made our way to his room. We had each been there once or twice, but that was when he was still in a coma. I noticed the curtains to his room are closed. Katsuki knocked on the metal door. I can hear feet shuffling through the door, and the door opened.

"Ah, Keiko, Katsuki," Mr. Kirishima said, giving us each a small nod, "You're a bit early."

I gestured towards the waiting room, "If he's not ready we can wait-"

"Oh, no, its quite alright. I just thought a doctor might be at the door." He smiled and continued, "Just give me a second to get my wife and I out of here for you." He gently closed the door and we heard his footsteps leave. After a minute he reappeared with Mrs. Kirishima.

"I'm so glad you two could make it," she clasped her hands happily, "He's been dying- eager... He's been eager to see you."

"But before you go in," Mr. Kirishima said, "His voice hasn't fully recovered yet, so he may have to type or write things down to talk. Even then, he's been struggling with that."

"Thanks for letting us know," I said. "We'll let you know before we leave." I almost mentioned the possibility of communicating with sign language, but if he's struggling with writing or typing, then sign language is likely to cause issues too.

We entered his room, the fluorescent lights were a bit dimmer in here than out in the hallway.

My eyes immediately caught sight of his once red hair, faded to an almost pink color, with his roots now showing. I almost made fun of him for his roots, but then took in everything else. His head is shaved on one side, wrapped in bandages, along with a few faint bruises.

My eyes made their way to the rest of him, his face is thin and sunken in. Not only that, but the rest of him is thin and pale.

My hand had left Katsuki and made it's way up to my mouth, "Kiri..." Tears filled my eyes. I want to run up to him and hug him as hard as I can, but with the state he's in, I'm afraid I'll hurt him even more.

He smiled at us with that same dorky, toothy grin he's always had. Katsuki and I ran to either side of him and wrapped him in a hug. I could tell Katsuki was also scared of hurting him. We sobbed into his shoulders, and as we did he hugged us back. I don't know if it was just because of seeing us cry, or because he was that happy to see us again, but Kiri started crying too. Either way, we were all an emotional mess. We didn't stop until we were all red in the eyes, with tear stains running down our faces and tight throats.