Chapter Thirty

A couple of weeks had passed, and after the internships-I went to Gunhead's agency with Ochako-we'd all gotten closer as friends, along with the girls of the class making a group to also all becoming friends. Even Katsuki had become friendlier with Denki, Mina, Sero, Kirishima, and Jirou. I've become at least somewhat friendly with most of my classmates, even Shinsou, who I see in the hall occasionally.

Today we got to leave for our away summer camp. Everyone's hyped, ready to go. Before the buses left class 1A and 1B mingled, getting to know each other a little bit outside of the sports festival. We even made a group chat of all the girls from both classes so we could keep in touch, Setsuna and Kendo seem cool from what I've talked to them about, and everyone else seems pretty chill.

After an hour we reached an overlook to strech.

"Wow this forest is so big! Do you think we might be able to play manhunt like we did at my grandfathers cabin?"

I looked out at the horizon and to the vast area of trees, "Maybe, it depends on what the actual place we stay at is like, and how late we can stay out."

"Man this place doesn't look like much of a resting area."

"Now that you point that out, it doesn't. And class 1B isn't here either." Kyouka replied to Eijirou.

"You don't think we stopped here just so you could stretch your legs, did you?" Oh shot, Aizawa has something planned as I am not ready for whatever it is.

Two women in cat like outfits stepped out of a nearby car, "Hey Eraserhead!"

Tiredly, responded, "Long time no see."

The women did some sort of magical girl transformation dance, and a young boy, probably no older than seven stood near them. The girls and I all eyed each other, gestured that we should probably try to escape whatever our teacher has planned for us.

Unsurprisingly, Izuku knows exactly who these heroes are, geeking out about them, and mentioning their age, which caused the blonde-haired Pussycat to basically threaten him, telling him his math is off.

Mandalay explained how the entire area of forest we could see belonged to the Wild, Wild Pussycats, and pointed out the place where we'd be staying. This can't be good, and the entire class seemed to think the same. We all kind of denied it, but knew it was true. Aizawa is gonna make us run to camp.

Sero whispered, trying to not let the adults hear him, "Guys, back on the bus, let's go." But by the time we turned around, the was leaving, we all made a run for it. Pixie-Bob blocked us, I could use my quirk to escape, but I'm not gonna leave my classmates behind.

The ground started to shake as Aizawa explained that training camp had already begun. Pixie-Bob touched the ground and it fell from beneath us, and we all got swept away by a surge of dirt.

Groans and grumbles from pain came from several of us, and Mandalay shouted down at us, "Good news! Since this is privately own property you can use your quirks as much as you want to! You've got three full hours, you should be able to make it to the facility on time. That is, if you can get through the beasts forest."

We all complained for a minute when a dirt monster appeared in front of Mineta, Koda tried to speak to it, to no avail. Izuku swept in to grab Mineta before he got crushed like a grape.

Izuku started to have some sort of glow to his veins, getting ready for an attack. "Todoroki, we should use our combo attack." He nodded to me and sent ice forward to catch the creature, at the same time I sent a wave of shadows to mix with the ice.

Over the past few weeks, we've gotten to work with more people in our class, including using our quirks together to create even more powerful attacks. I've figured out a way to send small explosions from Katsuki through shadows, and other objects without going through myself, including electricity from Denki and acid from Mina. Todoroki and I have been working on perfecting the black ice we accidentally created at the sports festival and discovered that it's about five times tougher and stronger than regular ice or shadows. Along with those training sessions, Todoroki has seemed to open up a bit more to everyone, so he's not nearly as cold as he was when we were partnered up earlier in the year. At this point I'm almost as close to him as I am to Tenya, decent friends.

While the beast was frozen, Tenya used his recipro burst while Katsuki blasted the creature in the arm, and for the final blow Izuku punched its face.

A few classmates came up to congratulate us on taking down the beast in only a few seconds. Katsuki stared deeper into the forest, "We're not done."

"Well, I guess it's time to kick some ass."

And with that we were off, running through the forest, taking down beast after beast, showing off our skills, maybe a little too much. After a while we took a short rest.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go up to the top of the trees and see how much further we have to go." I mentioned after sitting for two or three minutes.

"I'll join you, might as well have multiple eyes in case we miss seeing some of those dirt monsters." Ojiro started swinging up and I shadow traveled to the highest branch I could.

"Looks like we're about three-quarters of the way there, and we've already gotten past the five-hour mark. The others are not gonna be pleased with this."

"Nope, I can't say I'm pleased with it either." Ojiros eyes shifted a bit to our left, "Todomura, do you see anything over there?" He pointed, and sure enough the trees were rustling and dust was rising not too far from us.

"Well, I guess we better get down and warn the others, and hopefully we can keep moving and not be too much later."