Chapter Eighty-two

I sent the text to our classes group chat for everyone to come to Katsuki's room so we could tell them about Kiri, and a text to Hitoshi since he's pretty close with our class and Kiri. And because Mr. Aizawa also didn't know, I sent a message to him as well.

"Well, I should probably get going. I'm supposed to help Fuyumi with dinner tonight."

Katsuki scoffed, "And you couldn't bother inviting me? Your sisters cooking is amazing."

I laughed at him as I stood up. "I'm pretty good too. And I promise I'll make you something as soon as you're out of the hospital." I leaned down and kissed him on the forehead. "Sound good?"

Katsuki rolled his eyes at me, "I'm holding you to that."

"I'm counting on it." I smiled as I walked out of his room.

I met up with mom and Himiko at the car. Mom and dad are switching off staying the night with Shoto, but for the most part mom will be staying with him.

We drove home with the radio on, and talked about how Ochako and Katsuki are doing. I avoided bringing Kirishima up since Katsuki and I are going to be telling everyone tomorrow. I don't really want to talk about it right now, because I know I won't be able to stop crying.

We got home and Fuyumi was making a checklist of everything we need for dinner, double-checking to make sure we didn't need to make a last-minute stop at the store. She popped out of the pantry, "Oh, Keiko! Perfect timing!"

"Is that so?" I chuckled. "What do you need me to do?"

She tapped a pencil to a small notepad, "Let's see... Could you go into the extra fridge and make sure we have at least two-thirds of a pack of konnyaku?"

"Konnyaku? We don't use that very often, what's it for?" I asked

"Find it and then I'll tell you." She walked back into the pantry.

I walked to the garage, where our extra fridge is. I turned to see Natsu sticking his head in it. "What're you up to there?"

He froze and slowly looked in my direction with several sodas stuffed into his hoodie pockets. "Uhhhh... Getting a drink?"

"Dad's gonna kill you if he finds out you're stealing all the sodas."

"Well it's a good thing he's not home then." He shut the fridge door and tried to hurry past me.

I grabbed his hood as he walked by, "Scratch that, Fuyumi's gonna kill you if she finds out you spoiled your dinner."

"You're no fun." He sighed putting the sodas back.

"What do you even need all of those for anyway?" I laughed. "Did you sneak someone in the house?"

"Pffft, you overestimate my ability to get a girlfriend." He glanced in the fridge, "Did you need something out of here?"

"Yeah, see any konnyaku in there?"

Natsu quickly scanned the fridge, "Yep, two full packets. How many you need?"

"Just the one." I replied. He tossed one at me and I caught it. "Thanks."

"No problem."

"But seriously, what do you need that many sodas for?"

He closed the fridge and leaned against it, putting his hand to his chin. "Promise you won't tell mom?"

"I promise." I crossed my hand over my heart while speaking.

"Well," He paused, "I was planning to sneak out tonight and meet up with a friend at the park downtown."

I laughed at him, "Dude, you're like twenty-two, I don't think you need permission to go out."

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, yeah. But... it's kind of a date?"

"Oooh that would explain it."

"Yeah, she's bringing a telescope. She's really into astronomy."

"And you were gonna bring orange crush soda?"

He spoke quietly. "...it's her favorite soda."

I thought for a second, "I'll tell you what." He looked up at me cautiously, "There's a store near the park that sells trinkets, including some space stuff, why don't I take you down there after dinner and help you pick out a small gift for her? And I'll buy you some sodas"

He thought for a second, "Well... her birthday is in two weeks, I could say it's an early birthday gift if she asks why I got her something."

We laughed and went to the kitchen, soon after I helped Fuyumi with dinner, which ended up being takikomi gohan. I think I could spice the meal up a bit and make it for Katsuki.

Later that night I went with Natsu and bought him a few sodas, and helped him pick out a beautiful marble set that was made to look like different galaxies.

The next morning he told me she loved the marbles and thanked me for helping him.