Chapter Thirty-eight

"I wish I could've told you earlier, I wanted to be there for you. I wanted you to be there for me." He held his face in his face and shouted, "They forced me to cut off all contact with you! There was nothing I could do! They ended up keeping records of you to make sure everything went according to plan!"

I hugged him tightly, him hugging back. After a few minutes, he looked up at me and croaked out, "Please, let me try and be a better brother. For you and Shoto. Along with Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Himiko."

"It's okay Touya." It's difficult to comprehend all this but... "It's not your fault."

"You don't... blame me?" He looked at me in disbelief, as if he was waiting for some catch to this.

Himiko appeared about ten feet behind him, seeming much calmer now, and just waited in silence. "Of course I don't, and I'd like to meet who you think of as another sister, maybe we can be friends?" I looked up at Himiko and smiled, I'm still kinda scared, but nothings gone south yet, she smiled back and sat down on the floor with us.

"Well, Ragdoll is in stable condition, she won't have her quirk anymore but she can make a full recovery."

"That's good, it's nice to officially meet you. Call me Keiko." I held out my hand, she cautiously took it to shake, her eyes watered as she formed a smile.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't want to hurt them like I did, I just want friends, a normal life." She nervously tugged at her sweater, "You understand right? I don't have much of a choice. Touya and I both worry if we try to leave the League we'll just be hunted down... They made it clear they won't take that when they- when your mom tried to leave Japan."

I never gave it much thought but, they're right, the hero system is shit. And there are people who can realize the wrong, who shouldn't just be locked up to rot forever. I can't believe I thought that is was good Morphi was gone, I should've noticed her quirk is the same as my moms.

"Himiko, I forgive you too, I can't speak for all of my classmates, but I think if given the chance they'd understand." She smiled and hugged me, I would've never expected to be having conversations like this in my life, but here I am.

"So um..." Himiko pulled at her sweater again, "I snuck in some card and board games to play in case we got bored. Do you guys want to play?"

Touya and I nodded our heads in agreement and she stood up to get them, "It'll be minutes, there's quite a few and they're at the other end of the building." She ran off and disappeared yet again.

"So, am I getting out of kidnapping anytime soon?"

He chuckled and spoke, "Don't worry, you'll get outta here, someone put a tracking device on my Nomu, so I just pretended not to see it. Plus I may or may not have given the police an anonymous tip as to our whereabouts." He handed me a slip of paper, "He's my phone number since the League knows you go to U.A. now they won't need to track you as closely. It's an untraceable number and as long as we don't discuss anything involving the league directly it'll be okay. Just a way for siblings to keep in touch. Plus I can let you know when we plan on escaping."

I took the paper and stuffed it in my pocket, "I'll do everything I can to help."

"Just don't... Don't let anyone think you're a villain too. And you might want to tell Rimuru about Mari, she saw her as a daughter, and she deserves to know."

I had been going to her ramen shop every once in a while, occasionally going on dates with Katsuki there, and she had become a very grandmother-like figure. "She tells me stories about her all the time, it would be disgraceful if I didn't tell her."

"I'm back! Do you want to play Uno, Old Maid, Slapjack, The Game of Life, or Clue?"