Chapter Twenty-nine

"That was delicious!"

    "I agree, thanks for making dinner for us dad!"

    Mina's dad collected our dishes and rinsed them off before throwing them into the dishwasher. "Glad you kids liked it, now run off and do whatever teenagers do. I'm going to wash up. If you need anything and I'm not in here I'll be in the living room on the opposite side of the cabin."

    "Race you up!" Denki shouted, with the rest of us close on his tail. He tripped up the stairs while the everyone else zipped past us.

    "I win!" Kiri shouted in victory, flopping onto his bunk while doing so.

    Once we were all situated and sitting, Mina got a devious look on her face, "So I've been wondering, how did you all discover your quirks? I think it would be a fun way to get to know each other!"

    Denki gave finger guns to Mina in response, "That's a pretty dope idea if I do say so myself. I can go first!"

    "Go right ahead, and we can go left in a circle." Since we're sitting at the base of our bunks that meant the order would be Denki, Jirou, Sero, me, Katsuki, Kiri, then Mina.

    "Okay, it all started when I was five." Jirou snickered at Denki's dramatization of the story, covering her mouth with her hand. "Hey! I'm trying to make it sound cool!"

    "Sorry! I'll stop now!" She said while giving one more small giggle.

    "It was in the middle of summer, and I was playing in a kiddie pool in my backyard. Suddenly I sneezed, and electricity flew everywhere! My parents have similar quirks so they weren't hurt. But I have a scar around my ribcage!" He lifted up the front of his shirt to show a fain burn mark in the shape of a ring around him.

    "Woah! That's so manly!"

    Jirou stared a little, then looked back up at Denki's face, "I'm never letting you near water."

    The room didn't quiet down for a few minutes, finally being able to talk without laughing. "Anyway, Jirou it's your turn!" Mina excitedly called.

    "Oh, right." She fiddled with her ears, "Well, it isn't as dramatic as Denki's story, but since I have a mutant type quirk, my ears just kinda started growing longer one day. It only took a month but they slowly morphed and formed into what I have now." She laughed at herself, "Since my mom has the same quirk she could help me when it was painful, and that's pretty much my quirk, nothing crazy to make it appear."

    Sero being next spoke up, "Mine was similar to Jirou's, the only different thing is the fact that I couldn't bend my elbows at all for the last week of my dispensers forming. Luckily it was during the summer so I didn't have to worry about not participating in school."

    "Yeah, I guess that is pretty lucky." Denki said, "Do your elbows ever lock up?"

    "Occasionally, but only when I overuse my quirk." Sero turned to me, "You're up next Keiko!"

    "Right, well... I was going to bed like I normally would, and imagination runs wild when you're a kid. So out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw someone or something lurking in my room. So, like any normal kid, I screamed and started pointing at it so my parents knew what I was screaming about. When they got there my dad checked the room while it was still dark since that's when he can use his quirk more, and my mom hugged me to make sure I wouldn't be scared anymore, only to find I was scared of a laundry basket with clothes in it. Not only that, but I had also thrown shadow shards at it."

    "Woaaaaah, that's so rad! You've been able to kick butt since you've been little!" Mina exclaimed.

    "Did you ruin any clothes?" Denki jokingly asked.