Chapter Fifty-three

We finally got off the train and were able to walk the rest of the way. "Should only be a seven minutes walk!" Denki turned left on the sidewalk, "Just follow me!"

    "I'm so excited to get this done, it's gonna look so cool!"

    "Speaking of which, won't your piercing mess with your electric quirk?"

    Denki pulled a small bag out of his pocket, "I actually got one custom made by the support department, " He waved the lip ring bag before placing it back in his pocket, "it'll help me with directing my electricity a bit, and I'm planning to get matching piercings like this with all my closest friends."

    "Wow, that's smart. I've always wanted an industrial piercing, but I only have a basic lobe piercing." I flicked my ear to show my small, plain black hoops.

    Hanta blew a gum bubble, speaking once they popped it, "Yeah, he came up with the idea on his own and asked me to come down to show the idea to the teacher down there." They blew another bubble, "He was pretty impressed."

"Maybe that's what I can get with you, Keiko! An industrial!"

    "You know, that's not a bad idea. It'll let me get a piercing I want and help you with your quirk." It's probably going to be another five minutes till we get there. This might not be a bad time to bring it up. Plus, there's not a lot of people around.

    "So, Hanta-"

    "Yeah?"

    "You know how you use they/them?"

    "Well, duh." Denki giggled at me, and Hanta's response.

    "Yeah sorry..." I tucked my hair behind my ear, "that didn't come out the way I intended."

    "I understand, we're all good."

    I subconsciously raised my hand to my mouth and chewed on my thumbs fingernail. "Well... um, after you came out to us... It kinda got me thinking-"

    "Hey, there's no need to be so nervous. We're your friends." Denki lowered my hand.

    "Besides, you wouldn't want to chew your whole hand off." Hanta said. I guess they've picked up on my biggest nervous habit after hanging out with me so much.

    "Ha... Thanks. But... It got me questioning myself." We continued to walk, but at a slower pace than before. "I'm still not completely sure, but I think I might be agender."

    "Do you want us to use they/them? Or something else?"

    "Well, I think I might like using any pronouns... and since I'm still kinda new to this idea, " My throat tightened a bit, I know they can be trusted but it's still nerve-wracking. "Do you think you guys could use different pronouns for me throughout the day? I- I want to see if I feel comfortable with those being used." I looked up to suddenly be engulfed in a group hug.

    "Of course we can. There's no reason we wouldn't help you figure yourself out!" Hanta said.

    "Yeah! Thanks for trusting us enough to talk to us!" Denki let go, "Wait. By any do you mean just she, they, and he. Or do you want us to include it? Or something else? Or-"

    I chuckled, "Let's just stick with she, they, and he for now. I don't want to overwhelm myself."

    "Okay that's fair." Denki thought for a second, "Wait does this mean that Kacchan isn't straight?"

    "Uhhh... maybe?" I never considered that. "I guess it's not exactly a hetero relationship anymore."

    "Oh c'mon Denki, we don't even know if he'd be attracted to non-feminine people if they weren't Keiko."

    "But we could have another person in our class that's not straight this way." Denki pouted at Hanta.

    "Another? I feel like you mean there's a lot of you." Denki kinda froze for a second.

    "I mean- there is quite a few of us." Hanta said. Denki quickly grabbed his phone out of his pocket and seemed to be texting someone. "I'm omnisexual."

    "And I'm pansexual!" Denki turned back to us and exclaimed.

    "What we're you doing on your phone?" I asked.

    "Asking for approval to share some of our friends sexualities." He stiffed his phone back into his pocket. "Kyouka is bi, Mina is lesbian, Momo is also lesbian, Tsu is unlabeled and ace, Kiri is androsexual, and we're pretty sure some others are a little fruity but they have yet to come out."

    "I knew about Kyouka and Mina. I didn't know about the others though." We actually had a short conversation about our sexualities in the 1A and 1B girls group chat. It's not like I exactly fit into that but Itsuka is still in even thought they're non-binary. The only other person that said anything was Kinoko, she told us she's queer. "But wow, there are a lot."

    Hanta had pulled out their phone while Denki and I were talking, "Also Aoyama uses any pronouns and is Uranic." If I have to guess I'd say they were texting for Aoyama's approval.

    "Since when did you two become close?"

    "Eh, we're still not super close but maybe like two or three weeks ago?"

    "Wait hold on what is Uranic?" I paused their conversation. "I don't think I've heard that term before."

    "Oh," Hanta answered, "It's a term normally used by people outside of the gender binary who are attracted to masculine and androgynous presenting individuals but not feminine presenting."

    "Ohhh, okay thanks. That helps a lot." Maybe at some point I'll talk to Aoyama, since I'm thinking about using any pronouns too.

    "No problem."

    Denki poked Hanta's arm, "Hey, we should probably get back on track. I' don't want us to be late."

    "Yeah, thats not a bad idea."

    "Now that that's settled," Denki exclaimed, "non-gender specific friends, let's go!"

A.N.- Guys I wanna draw Keiko in a Halloween costume but don't know what costume to put her in help give me ideas.