Chapter Twenty-five

After the stressful match between Shinsou and Izuku, Izuku came out victorious. Then Todoroki won his match, and Denki lost a match with the vine girl, Shiozaki, I believe.

Now it's time for Tenya to go against a girl from the support course named Hatsume. She gave him some sort of gear to "make the fight fair", but based in what Izuku told me about her joining his team, I think she has some sort of ulterior motive.

Just as Tenya started to run forward, I noticed something odd about Hatsume's gear. Is that a headset? Why isn't she moving?

Her voice came across the speakers, talking about all of the pros of her gear. Avoiding every attack and describing exactly what was happening with her gear. Is she seriously using this event as an advertisement? There's no way I'll be able to sit through this. But I can't go to far since my match is next.

"Hey Katsuki." And he's ignoring me again, either that or he's zoned out. I gave him a light tap on the leg, finally getting his attention.

"What."

"I'm going on a quick walk, this match looks like it might take a while and I get kinda antsy." He looked and me and nodded.

"Just don"t go to far, and please don't be late for your match."

I smiled goofily before getting up and responding, "I never thought you were capable of saying please." He just rolled his eyes at me and stuck his tongue out at me.

I laughed quietly and left the area, glad to be stretching my legs. While I was out and about I also stretched out to prepare for my match. It would be bad if got a cramp in the middle of the fight.

💥 My Blasty Boi💥: Yo short stuff, the round just ended and Gadgets McGee lost.

Me: Alright, thanks for letting me know, see you after my match!

💥 My Blasty Boi💥: You better win.

Me: Awwww, do you care about me?

💥 My Blasty Boi💥: Oh fuck off.

💥 My Blasty Boi💥: I just want you to go on so I can kick your ass later.

Me: Yeah yeah love you too.

Me: Uhhhhhhhh

Me: THIS MESSAGE DOESN'T EXIST

💥 My Blasty Boi💥: Dork.

I walked to where I needed to go to begin my match. Thinking of a plan, what could I do to ensure my win... AH HA! I know exactly what to do.

On my way there, I saw Ochako, she looks sad. Is she okay? "Hi Ochako!"

She looked up with a somewhat forced smile, "Oh. Hi Keiko, good luck with your match, sorry I'm not watching it."

"Hey, it's alright. Are you okay, becau-"

"I'll be okay, now get out there are fight like a hero!" I nodded my head and hurried to the center of the stadium.

Present Mic announced Mina and I, giving a short description of each of us. Knowing Izuku, he's likely trying to think of who will win this round. Hopefully, with the plan I have, I'll be the one winning.

"Fifth match, begin!"

She started skating towards me using holes in her shoes, perfect. She took a curved path, leading her to be closer to the edge. Even more perfect.

Once she was about five feet away from the edge I threw my hand up slightly, causing her shadow to block the outlets in her shoes. The friction from her shoes and the concrete caused her to fall flat on her face.

I took this as my chance and ran toward her. The color in my vision is slightly dimmed due to using my quirk, but I can still see her lying on the ground and readying her hands to shoot acid at me.

The acid shot forth and grazed my sleeve as I used a shadow platform to launch me over and behind her. Before she got a chance to react, I dove into my own shadow and took cover under hers.

I let my hands come out of her shadow first, grabbing her sides, then I propelled myself out of the ground and threw her as hard as I could out of the ring. Unfortunately, I had to pull the plugs on her shoes, but as soon as I let go of her I created a wall that surrounded her on all sides, ensuring that even if she didn't fall out of bounds, I could force her to.

She managed to fall and catch herself, almost losing her balance and the round. But when she turned to face me, the walls were closing in on her. Panic struck her face. Fanatically, she tried firing acid toward me, some of it making it's way through my wall, but never making it close enough to me.

With a wave of strength, I held up my hands and pushed the wall forward, inverting its curved nature in the process. A gust of wind swept past her, and dust flew everywhere. Once the dust was settled I could clearly see the result of my efforts.

"The winner of this match is Todomura!" Midnight cheered, ending this round. I walked over to Mina to make sure she was okay.

"Need help?" I offered her my hand, which she took and I hoisted her up. "Sorry about throwing you so hard, you alright?"

As we walked back she just laughed, "It's alright, a good yeeting is good for the ego!" She gave me a wink and a thumbs-up before shouting, "Race you to our seats!"

I quickly accepted this challenge and purposely fell behind, once she could see me I shadow traveled to my seat, waiting for her to arrive. About a minute later she did, chanted "Ha! At least I beat her in- awwwwww man, you used your quirk didn't you?"

I shrugged and responded, "What can I say, you never implemented any rules."

"Aww fine, but next time no quirks."

"I can't guarantee anything."