Chapter Sixty-five

A.N.- Sorry for not uploading for a few weeks, I had to worry about midterms 💀. But hey, at least I won't have to deal with my racist and homophobic history teacher anymore.

Also, the next few chapters will be from Himiko's perspective :)

"So, are you ready to get out today?" Nurse Masuda asked.

"Absolutely! And I'll get the chance to get to know my family, and my siblings friends even more!"

She chuckled, "Aren't you also going to actually have to attend school? Surely that's one thing you're not excited about."

"Well, I'll be going to the same school and Keiko and Shoto, so people there will already understand my situation." I crossed my legs on my bed, "Plus, I'll be able to learn more things. I'll be in the same dorms as class 1A, but I'll be taking classes with a private tutor."

"Speaking of, did you finish those forms I gave you yesterday?"

"Yep! Let me grab it!" I reached into my small dresser and pulled out the forms. It was two separate documents, one is a benchmark test to see how well I do on regular subjects like math and language, and the other is me selecting some electives I want to take.

"Thank you, Himiko." Nurse Masuda looked over the benchmark test with her grading sheet, "It looks like you did pretty well on this, good job." She smiled.

Nurse Masuda isn't the same type of nurse that would be found in a hospital, but that's what we call her anyway. She's more like a caseworker and a psychologist. She's been helping Touya and I during the past six months, and has been really sweet. She's even been like a friend to us, and allowed us to hang out in a common area with some other patients.

"Let's see, you want to take physiology, video game design, and guitar? That's quite a diverse list."

"Well, obviously things like blood and stuff interested me, so maybe I can be a nurse or medical technician." I explained, "I was even the one who did most of the first aid when I was in the league. Honestly, if I hadn't been taking care of Ragdoll, she would have been in a much worse condition."

"I'm glad you're able to make something good out of a bad situation," she gave me a small thumbs-up, "But getting the degrees for these things will take a long time. You've already lost so much time of your childhood. But, it is ultimately up to you."

"Thats why I also have guitar lessons and video game design on there. Just incase I decide it isn't for me, I'll have some skills to fall back on."

"You certainly have things figured out for yourself." She checked her watch, "Well, it seems you have three hours. I'll let you get yourself packed up."

"Thank you," I hugged her before she left, "I'm glad I got an awesome nurse."

"I'm glad I got an awesome patient." She hugged me pack and then left the room.

Once I finished packing up and some last minute paperwork, I could finally go home. I can go to a place that actually is a home, not just a run-down bar as a hideout.

"Hey, are you gonna say bye to me?"

"Of course I was. I just wanted all of my bags in one place first." I protested.

"Yeah, sure." Touya rolled his eyes, then ruffled his hand through my hair. "I'm just teasing ya'."

"You think I wouldn't know that by now?"

"Eh, who knows. I can't read minds. Hell, I can't even make fire anymore."

"Well, before dad gets here, how's making candles going?"

Touya laughed, "Suprisingly well, actually. Turns I'm pretty good good at sculpting and creating molds for candles." He lifted one hand up and pointed to the scarred, but healing, skin. "But, since the scars aren't completely healed, not like they ever will be, my hands are kinda shaky so it takes me more time."

"Its better than nothing. Besides, you only need to make one mold to make a bunch of candles."

"Thats true. I'm glad Nurse Masuda recommended that as something to do. Not only do I enjoy it, but it is helping me with getting used to using my hands again."

I nodded, "Yeah, and your face seems like its almost completely healed by this point!"

"Well, I think I'm always gonna have scars from the staples, but the burns are certainly better. Unfortunately my ears have been a bit tricky. I might need hearing aids if they can't fix them up properly."

"Jeez, I didn't know it was that bad." I looked down at my feet.

"Himiko! Your dads here!" Nurse Masuda called.

"Oh shoot. I gotta go." I hugged Touya, "I'll make sure to visit." I let go and grabbed my bags.

"You better." He smiled, "See you soon."