Chapter Two

Izuku is fourteen and I'm fifteen by now and nearing the end of our last year of middle school, and we were walking to school, me with my music in, him writing down something in his notebook, rambling about heroes.

He turned to me and said something, but I couldn't hear him through my music, so I paused it, right in the middle of my favorite Linkin Park song, and took off my headphones, "Sorry, what was that you said?"

"That's right, you can't hear through your music..." I chuckled and waited for him to repeat what he had before. "Why do you think your hair is white on the underside when your dad's hair is black as your mom's hair-" he stopped, realizing how sensitive of a topic it was for me.

"Is red." I finished his sentence, "It's alright Izuku, it's not a fresh wound anymore, you can talk about her."

"Right, sorry."

"You apologize too much, but to answer your question, I have no clue. The black topside makes sense... but I have no idea where the white came from, and I know none of my grandparents ever had any white hair." I loosened the bow on my uniform to keep from being too hot.

"How are you always hot, you literally can't stand the heat." He didn't spare a glance from his hero notebook.

"Again, I have no clue, how do you always ask the questions I don't have ans- and he's off..."

"C'mon Keiko there's a villain loose! There's bound to be heroes here soon!"

I audibly sighed and ran after him, "If we end up being late to school I'm blaming you!" He quickly shoved his way through the crowd, with me following close behind to make sure he didn't die trying to get too close.

There was a giant shark looking dude on top of a raised railway, with the hero Backdraft holding the crowd back, Death Arms catching falling debris to protect citizens, and hero Kamui Woods arriving to fight off the shark dude.

"Keiko look! He's going to use his ultimate move! Bin-"

"Binding Lacquered Chain Prison, I know Izuku, you talk about heroes 24/7." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, knowing I was completely right.

Out of nowhere, a giant woman kicks shark man square in the chin, surprising everyone watching. Some random pervs came out of nowhere and start chanting "Money shot, money shot." This visibly made Izuku uncomfortable, causing me to chuckle at him.

"Piece of cake for the world's next hottest hero." The giant woman said, slightly seductively. "Hi there everyone, I'm Mt. Lady and you don't have to worry about this bum anymore." She winked at the crowd and arched her back slightly.

"If anything she's the bum... or at least the one who has one..." The pervs appeared again, and they were still chanting, "Money shot, money shot." Surely they were trying to emphasize her bum. I rolled my eyes, "Let's go Izuku, we don't want to miss school."

When I looked over he was rambling on about how this new hero Mt. Lady has the looks and attitude to be a hero and something about collateral damage. I couldn't help but think 'Well I'm sure there are plenty of boys out there who'd love to mount that lady'.

I was about to tell Izuku that I was going to leave him to be late if he didn't hurry up, but a middle-aged man asked him about his notebook, "What's that, fanboy? You takin' notes over there? Wanna be a hero too, huh?"

This immediately made him turn his head and grin, "Yes! More than anything!"

It was natural that I smiled too, it was good to see him so happy, unfortunately, school had to ruin that happiness. "Come on Izuku were going to be late!" I grabbed him by the elbow, running towards the school. We managed to arrive three minutes before the bell rang, thankfully.